Chapter Thirteen: Happiness Never Did Last Very Long

XIII. Happiness Never Did Last Very Long

Dedicated to an amazing author who made me cry like a baby over a character in her story. It's amazing, go check it out!

Cover on the side made by fyreflies :)

Kaylee's POV

- One Week Later -

"Bree, he just texted me that he's picking us up in ten minutes. Get your lazy ass out of bed and get ready!! We're going to be late for school!"

I yelled at Bree as I flung open my bedroom door. Sure enough, Bree was still lying limp like a wet noodle in my bed. She wrapped herself in her own little blanket burrito and I could now only see the top of her head. Grabbing the loose end of the blanket, I yanked on it as hard as I could and her little burrito unrolled, which resulted in her landing on the floor with a thud.

She glared at me from the floor while I keeled over in laughter. When I finally stopped laughing to regain my breath, she got up and shrieked as the window's light poured in.

"Ahhh!!! The light! It burns!!"

"Alright, no need to be so dramatic Bella."

"I don't think you have any right to call me a vampire when you're whiter than I am," she humphed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Touché, my friend, touché," I admitted. "Now come on! After that stunt, you only have eight minutes to get ready."

Bree groaned. "I told you having a sleepover on a school day wouldn't end well."

She sluggishly dragged herself to the bathroom and started getting ready. Meanwhile, I heard the doorbell ring and went to go get it. Whoever was at the door kept ringing it over and over again.

"I'm coming!! Hold up dude!" I hollered at the wooden door.

When I opened the door, I grinned like an idiot. "You're early!"

"And you're beautiful," he said, returning the smile.

"Come in Dyl! Sorry, Bree's being a fat piece of lard and not moving at human speed."

Dylan walked in and gave me a peck on the cheek that made chills run through my body. "So how was the sleepover?"

"It was fun! Well, other than waking her up this morning," I said with a chuckle. "We made our own pizzas, did blind makeovers, and had a little movie marathon."

"Sounds fun! But no movie night can compare to ours, right?" he winked as he scruffed my hair.

"Of course not," I smiled, scruffing his hair back.

"Hey now, not the hair!" he teased. Putting on a horrified expression, he pretended to rapidly fix his hair. After failed 'attempts' to fix his hair, he pouted. "You ruined it!" he cried, feigning being upset.

I moved closer to him slowly. "And how can I make it up to you?"

He pretended to ponder for a moment. "Well," he said. "You can do this."

Dylan leaned in and kissed my lips gently before pulling away. What a tease. I grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him back to kiss him again. I had just begun to wrap my arms around his neck when we heard someone clear their throat at the top of the stairs.

"Ahem," Bree coughed. "Well, if you two are just going to eat each others' faces off, I'm going back to bed."

"No!" I yelled. "We're done! We have to get to school." I checked the time on my phone. "Oh crap, we're already twenty minutes late!"