Chapter Fourteen: Intoxicated

XIV. Intoxicated

➳ Dylan's POV

Ryan's blow caught me off guard, but I quickly regained my composure. Assface thinks he can get away with attacking me out of nowhere? I don't think so, buddy. In a flash, I gained the upper hand and started delivering blows to his already marred face. When I'm done with him after this stunt, he won't ever come bother Kaylee again.

Just as Ryan was about to deliver a gut-wrenching blow to my stomach, Kaylee grabbed our heads and rammed them into each other. 

"Oww!" Ryan and I cried out simultaneously.

"What is the matter with you two?" she yelled, aggravated. Her hands moved to cover her mouth as she gasped at the sight of us two after our tussle. "Will you guys ever stop? Crap happens, I've moved past it, and now you two need to. This has to end! Would anyone like to please explain to me what the hell's the matter now?"

I've never seen those blazing blue eyes so infuriated before in our eleven years of friendship. Nevertheless, I wasn't the one who initiated the fight. "He attacked me! All I did was defend myself."

"Defend yourself?? Look what you did to my face!" 

I rolled my eyes. Was that all he's really concerned about? "Trust me, I've seen your face before Ryan, and I did you a favor." I snickered.

"You guys can't even talk it out without getting on each other's cases! Now will both of you just shut up!" Kaylee said in attempt to intervene. Her tone clearly showed her exasperation.

"No, you know what? I'm not going to stand here and be insulted by that piece of crap," Ryan scoffed, gesturing to me. "You want to know why I attacked him? Look at what you're wearing Kaylee. I dated you for almost a year and you never let me have it! Now this asshat of a guy comes back for a few months and you let him take your v-card? What the hell is that?"

"Whoa there buddy, you better back up," Kaylee hissed. "First of all, I didn't freaking sleep with Dylan. I was pushed into his pool and he offered me his shirt until my things could dry. And is that what you really came here to talk to me about? How you weren't satisfied with our relationship because I wouldn't 'put out'!?"

Ryan threw up his hands in frustration. "No! I came here to apologize and -"

"Well haven't you done such a good job at that!" 

"I didn't finish. I came here to apologize and tell you that your so-called 'best friend' and ever-so-perfect 'boyfriend' forgot to tell you a little tidbit before he got into a relationship with you." he grinned maliciously.

And suddenly, I realized what was happening. Before I could interrupt, however, Ryan said the last few words that he knew would set Kaylee off. 

"He knew I cheated on you long before you found out. But guess what? He wasn't a good enough friend to tell you. Guess Mr. Perfect isn't so perfect anymore, huh?" 

"That's it!" I yelled, making my way over to pounce on Ryan.

I was about to knock the living daylights out of him when I felt a slight tug on my shirt sleeve. A lump formed in my throat when I looked at Kaylee's face. Although a flurry of emotions were flooding across her face, two of them were clear - hurt and disbelief.

"Ryan...Ryan I think you should go," she suggested slowly.

"But -" 

"Please."

He must have heard the desperation in her voice because he took a hint and left. Then once again, Kaylee turned her attention to me.

"Dylan...please tell me this isn't true," she pleaded.