Chapter Ten: Home

X. Home

Dedicated to a faithful reader, voter, and commenter - Gladys. She's an amazing writer as well, check her book out!

➳ Kaylee's POV

You could say I've had better days. You know, days when I actually got to see my boyfriend and days when I didn't just get in a fight with my former best friend. The drive home from Dylan's house seemed longer than ever and the silence was deafening. I tried turning on the radio, but it only aggravated my thoughts with those stupid overly poppy songs. I immediately turned it off with a simple slam of my hand on the little button.

Everything was pissing me off tonight because:

A. I hadn't seen Ryan all day after school and he hadn't even shot me a text message or phone call.

B. I was getting hit with a huge red wave if you know what I mean. Let's just say I had a lot in common with Japan's flag.

C. One word. Dylan.

Oh, Dylan. What'd you do to us now? Scratch that. Damn you, Dylan. You screwed everything up now ugh. Things were going so well too! Things were almost back to the way they were before, other than the slight tension between us. But that was inevitable. All Dylan did was piss me off and increase that tension between us by a hundred times. Not to mention the fact that I almost cheated on Ryan. How could I even put myself in that situation? He was such a sweet, loyal boyfriend. I was a terrrible girlfriend.

Sighing, I pulled into my driveway and walked into a slump to my room. No one was home, once again. I missed the days when my sister was still in the house. My parents were always workaholics, but I at least had her. But now, I was all on my own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***** Two Weeks Later *****

They say that the name Kaylee can either be related to the words "pure" or "torture". My thoughts were definitely leaning towards the latter.

I am tired. I am hungry. I am angry. I just wanted to strangle someone. It didn't help that I had to go to school. Stupid Dylan and Ryan had consumed my thoughts lately. Ryan had barely talked to me for the past two weeks and don't even get me started on Dylan. I've been avoiding him as much as possible nowadays. Boys suck. And yet, I always went back to them. Stupid girl.

When I saw that Ryan was waiting for me by my locker, I put on the best fake smile I could muster and pretended like everything was fine. When in reality, I was pissed.

"Hey, babe! Haven't talked to you all weekend!!" he greeted.

"Yeah, I've noticed," I muttered under my breath.

He, apparently, didn't hear me and went on smiling like a bumbling fool, as if nothing was messed up about him only contacting me a grand total of two times in a little over fourteen days.

"So how was your -"

I was cut off by his lips on mine. Kill me now, I thought. Can't he carry a simple conversation? Lately, it seemed like he was only into the physical aspects of our relationships and I was getting annoyed. I let him kiss me though, but I refused to kiss back. Things just didn't feel the same anymore. It's funny how everything can change in a matter of a few weeks.

"Ryan, can I talk to you later today please?"

"Yeah, sure babe, you can talk to me when you come over to my place later tonight," he winked.

"But -" I started to protest, but thought better of it. "Fine."

"Atta girl."

"I gotta get to class, see you later!" I rushed as I started to walk away. I didn't even bother kissing his cheek.