Can't Say No To A Roast

Harry and Luna strolled down the sidewalk of the New York City street arm in arm. One would think, on first seeing the pair, that it was a romantic outing, but they couldn't be further from the truth.

Luna had never been to New York City before, to be more accurate, she'd never visited any city of this size before. Consequently, she had a nasty habit of being easily distracted and wandering off without telling Harry what had caught her attention. And with the crowds that New York were famous for, it'd taken a panicked Harry a few minutes to locate her more than once.

Thus, after the second time, Harry had taken her hand and placed it in the crook of his arm before they continued their outing. This had worked out fantastically. Now, whenever something caught Luna's attention and she veered off course, Harry was simply pulled along for the ride.

"Look Harry! Erumpets!" Luna exclaimed, her arm flung out to point across the street.

Harry closed his eyes, thankful that the magical word would mean nothing to the dozens of muggles surrounding the pair. Feeling the pull on his arm, Harry opened his eyes and followed his friend's finger, before blinking in shock.

There was no doubt about it, Luna had been right. Well, mostly right. Across the street was a bakery and in their front window were a number of their products, one of which, a bun of some kind, was unmistakably in the shape of an erumpet.

"Come on, Harry," Luna said, pulling him onwards, "I've never eaten an erumpet before. Not that one should eat a real erumpet." Her head cocked as she obviously was contemplating such an endeavour. "Given the size of one, I'm not sure how one could eat an erumpet."

"One bite at a time, I would expect," Harry said absently as he studied the sign above the bakery.

Kowalski's Bakery.

Judging by the style of building that the bakery was situated in, Harry guessed that it'd been there for a long time. Well, at least the building had been; there was no telling the age of the bakery itself.

Following Luna's urging, Harry quickly caught up before guiding a distracted Luna across the street without her getting hit by one of the many cars as they drove past.

The two paused outside the window of the bakery and Harry saw Luna's face light up.

"Demiguise; niffler; bowtruckle; thunderbird; erumpet; flooper; moon calf," Luna named as she pointed to each of the different buns or cake decorations in the window.

A small bell tinkled overhead as they entered and Luna quickly pulled free to all but press her face against the glass as she moved from display case to display case. What surprised Harry as he perused the cases himself were the names that had been given to each of the pastry items. The erumpet-shaped one was called a 'rhino bun'; the flooper-like ones, had been labelled 'owl cakes', each decorated in icing just like the magical bird – fluorescent pink, yellow, lime green and purple.

"Can I have a Dribbly Demiguise Bun, please?" a man asked off to the side.

The word 'demiguise' immediately caught Harry's attention, especially when he saw that, according to the small plaque, they were simply called 'Dribbly Buns'.

"Excuse me, but is that chocolate dribbled over the demiguise buns?" Harry asked.

The man looked up, clearly startled.

"Um, sorry?" he asked in a high-pitched voice.

"The Dribbly Demiguise Buns," Harry said, pointing out the bun that he meant, "is it covered in chocolate?"

"They're ... they're just Dribbly Buns," the man stuttered, sharing a panicked look with the older gentleman across the counter.

Harry leaned in and whispered with a grin. "To the no-majs, yes. But not to us, we know what they really are."