Finally!

A small herd of elephants and rhinoceroses stampeding through a forest was enough to give anyone pause, to capture their attention and Mage smirked.

Apparating into the midst of a group of four HYDRA soldiers, his wand flashed. In seconds, all four were unconscious, bound and gagged.

The whine of an energy weapon from overhead had him erecting a shield above him on pure instinct. Looking up, Mage saw one of the HYDRA suits of flying armour, glowing an eerie purple, hovering just below the canopy of the forest, firing at him. Using his off-hand, he sent a burst of pure magic at him. A startled scream told him that, once again, he'd 'shorted' out the suit. A piercing hex took care of the soldier even before he hit the ground.

Spinning about, Mage tried to see what had become of the rampaging herd that he'd transfigured from a pile of boulders that he'd found not long after he and his teammates had arrived.

Sokovia. They'd received intel that HDYRA had a base here. A base that had a good chance of holding Loki's Sceptre in it. And judging by the heavy resistance that they'd almost immediately encountered, it was a fair bet that it was, indeed, here.

Dotted all over the forest were bunkers with high-tech cannons that shot beams of purple energy (eerily reminiscent of the Chitauri weapons), towers full of soldiers that could snipe at them from up high and tanks. And that wasn't even taking into account the dozens and dozens of soldiers that had appeared, both on the ground and in the air, wearing the mock Iron Man suits.

Almost instantly, a Code Green had been called and Mage, seeing the nearby boulders, had decided that some extra 'reinforcements' of their own couldn't hurt, as well as the Hulk himself.

The startled scream and rapid gunfire from his left caught his attention and he turned towards it, his wand raised.

The herd had found a group of soldiers, all of whom were swiftly backing away, their guns flaring as they fired at Mage's herd. Already, one of the rhinos was down; indeed, even as he looked, it morphed back into the rock that it come from.

With a snap of his wrist, he unleashed an arc of deep blood red. It swept across the space, slicing through a tree and continuing on, impacting the soldiers, dropping them in a bloody mess where they stood. Screams and the sound of wood splintering and crashing towards the ground caught Mage by surprise and he looked up. The tree that he's thought that he'd just sliced in two, wasn't. Instead, one of the crude towers had had one of its legs sliced off and was in the process of toppling to the ground.

A great green behemoth, snarling and roaring its defiance landed on the tower out of nowhere, splinting it and smashing it to pieces long before it'd completed its decent.

The flash of purple energy washing past Mage had him turning from the Hulk, spinning in behind a tree. A quick peek showed him that one of the bunkers had fired on him, only just missing him. It was fairly small, maybe five metres square but made of concrete, a turret with a gun that shot that annoying purple energy perched on top.

With a frown, Mage summoned on of the 'animals' that he'd created. He blinked in surprise as a yak came soaring through the trees, conveniently knocking a further three HDYRA guards out in its flight. A yak? He didn't remember transfiguring one of the boulders into that animal. Ignoring the irregularity with a shrug, he instead focussed on the threat.

Lining up his shot, he whipped his wand towards the bunker. Instantly, the flying yak altered course. Following up with a couple of banishers had the yak hurtling towards the bunker. Someone like Tony or Bruce, someone who knew physics, would be able to calculate what force a three hundred kilogram mass of yak impacting a bunker at speed would be. All Mage knew was that it had the desired result: both yak and bunker were no more, totally destroyed by the collision.