Surround Yourself With People You Trust

It was the noise that woke Harry. The sound of many people moving past his door – obviously in a hurry – and the voices. These weren't whispered voices, like one might expect for ... a swipe of his hand brought a set of red numbers floating above his head. Two thirty? In the morning?

Shifting his head, Harry blinked at the stars out his window. The sound of pounding feet, not just one person running past his door but quite a number had him swinging his legs over the side of the bed and sitting up.

"Harry?" a sleepy Daisy asked.

Turning back, Harry patted her hip. "Something's wrong. Go back to sleep, I'll go find out what it is."

But even as he stood, grabbing up a cloak that he'd tossed haphazardly over the chair in front of the small desk in the room, Daisy was rolling out of her side of the bed. Her bed-side light snapped on and he squinted at the unexpectedness of it.

"What? There's no way that I'm going back to sleep now," she told his raised eyebrow.

With a nod, Harry strode to the door of their suite, pulled it open and stuck his head out.

"T'Challa?" he called, seeing the King further down the corridor and striding away.

The Wakandan King turned back and Harry could see that he was dressed in his Black Panther costume – minus his helmet. He was also looking rather grim.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, stepping out.

"It seems that some foreigners have decided that tonight is a good night to raid the country," T'Challa replied. "We intend to persuade them otherwise."

"From the way that you're dressed, I'm guessing that these aren't just your ordinary raiders?" Harry asked.

A door opening directly across the corridor saw Nat and Steve join the conversation.

"No," T'Challa replied. "Our drones have detected five trucks and a total of thirty-two men. They all appear to be heavily armed as well."

"What's their objective?" Steve asked.

"We are unsure," W'Kabi, Wakanda's head of security for the Border Tribe replied. "That part of the country is relatively empty."

"Then it's something that you don't know about," Nat stated.

"Perhaps," T'Challa nodded. "Either way, they will not fulfil their objective."

Harry's eyes connected with Steve's and together, they nodded at each other.

"We'll suit up and give you a hand," Steve stated.

"I'll wake Tony," Nat added.

"No need," the man in question replied as he opened the door to his suite. "It's not like I was going to get any sleep anyway with you lot yapping out here."

"If you are coming, we leave in five," T'Challa stated.

Harry turned back to the suite in order to find the rest of his suit; Daisy, though had already beaten him to it.

"It's on the bed," she said, even as she was pulling on one of her boots.

"What would I do without you?" he asked, stealing a kiss on the way past.

"Let's hope you'll never have to find out, Magic Man," she grinned.

ooo00ooo

The Wakandan jets were quiet. In fact, the engines made even less noise than a quinjet. Steve grinned at Nat and jerked his head at Tony who was currently inching his way further back, his eyes fixed on one particular computer screen.