The Masquerade Ball

Note: This chapter is not edited. I basically just started writing as a simple draft.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One: The Masquerade Ball

*Ava's POV*

"C'mon, Ava. Let's go let's go!!" Madison grabbed my hand and swung them to and fro. "This year's theme is the masquerade ball!! It would be fun!!"

"But... I didn't want to leave my mum." I said.

"Don't worry about Aunt Ella. I have asked Ethan and Sophia to look after her. For now, let's forget about every bad moment and go out to have fun." Cassidy said. "You need to take a break, Ava."

Looking at Cassidy and Madison, reluctantly I agreed to go Annual Werewolves Gathering. And there where I met him.

My mate.

The gathering was held on a neutral ground, where none of the packs owned it. Madison and Cassidy were both standing beside me, one on each side hooking my arms. Jayden was standing beside Cassidy and Alexander wad standing beside Madison. The rest of the pack members were behind us. Usually Alphas must attend the gathering. If they found their mate, the Luna must also be present. As for pack members, some would attend and some would stay at the pack house to protect the pack for any sudden attack. Aiden, being the soon-to-be-gamma was staying at the pack house to look after Brayden. Ever since the fall of Knight Pack, Brayden had joined the Red Blood Pack. Most of the time he would lock himself in the room and not wanting to interact with anyone. However, he had been improving since the first day we met him. He was more willing to speak with the guys especially Jayden. Our current Beta, John came with us to the gathering. Ben, our current Gamma decided to stay at the pack house too.

Before we entered the ball, all of us put on our mask.

"This is going to be so fun!" Madison announced happily.

"Don't stray too far away from me." Alexander placed his arm around Madison's waist and pulled her closer to him. Madison nodded at him and smiled brightly.

I diverted my attention back to the entrance of the venue.

'I can do this!' I took a deep breath and said in my mind. Ever since my dad passed away and with my mum's situation, I found myself not being able to smile happily. I didn't even have the mood for partying. And there I was attending a gathering.

'We can do this. I'm here with you.' My wolf, Angel said. 'I could feel that something good is going to happen tonight. We probably will find our mate!'

Mate. I wondered what would happen if I do really find him.

'Don't worry too much. I believe everything will turn out just fine.' Angel said encouragingly.

"Ready to go, Ava?" Cassidy asked.

"Yes." I smiled a little at her.

"Ok then. Let's go!" Cassidy announced.

"Yes!!! Let's go!!!" Madison was very excited.

Once we entered the venue, some of the packs had arrived. Jayden and Cassidy, being our Alpha and Luna, they had to go around and socialized. I stood at the side with Madison and Alexander. You can see some of our pack members found their mate from other packs. I took a sniff of the surrounding but I didn't catch any special scent. He wasn't here.

"Don't worry, Ava. He probably has not arrived." Madison held my hand in hers. I smiled weakly at her.

"Don't worry about me. Go have fun with Alexander." I said as I knew that Madison couldn't keep still. She was standing beside me because she knew that I would be alone if she and Alexander left.

"Is it really alright for you?" Madison asked in an unsure tone.

"Yes. Don't worry. Go on." I said.

Just then the background music turned into a smoothing one. There were many mated pairs standing at the dance floor and held each other as they swayed slowly along with the music.

"Go and have a dance with Alexander. Show him your sweet and romantic side." I nudged Madison and signaled her to go to the dance floor with Alexander.

"But..."

"I will be fine. Don't worry about me." I assured her. Madison looked at me and then to Alexander.

"Ok then." Madison said and allowed Alexander to lead her to the dance floor. He placed his arms around her waist and held her closely to him. I smiled unknowingly while looking at them.

Alexander was 1 year older than Madison. The moment he shifted and laid his eyes on her, he had never ever left her side. What Alexander didn't know was that Madison had loved him way before he even shifted. She would always sneak to the pack's training ground to peek at Alexander while he was training. Saying Madison was thrilled to know that she wasvAlexander's mate was an understatement. She was beyond happiness. She loved him so much, so much.

I was too busy looking at Madison and Alexander that I didn't notice someone came up to me.

"Hi. I'm Jason from the Midnight Pack. I saw you sitting alone from far. Would you like to have a dance with me?" I turned my head around to see a guy with brown hair, stretching out his hand and placed it in front me. To my disappointment, he wasn't my mate.

"Erm... I-I... Sorry but I... don't really feel like dancing." I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Just one dance?" He asked again.

"N-N...o?"

"Didn't she said that she doesn't want to dance?" Suddenly someone spoke from behind Jason. His voice had caused my wolf to go crazy. I took a sniff at the surrounding and caught a whiff of this pleasant scent.

'Mate. Mate. Mate!!' Angel chirped happily.

Jason took a step to the side and turned to face him. The moment my eyes landed on him, the people around us especially Jason didn't seem important anymore. He was the only one that I was concerned about.

"Who are you?" Jason snarled unhappily at my mate. My mate growled back at him causing his body stiffened a little.

"Chase, Gamma from the Dark Light Pack." My mate looked at Jason while introducing himself and then his gaze landed on me.

"Most importantly, I'm her mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I say, this story is just some extra side story. It probably wouldn't be very long.

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018