Decision

Chapter Four – Decision

*Ava's POV*

 "There is something I need to tell you." I looked at him and bit my lips nervously.

"I-I can't go with you." Hurt flashed across his eyes.

"W-What do you mean by you can't go with me?"

"I..." While waiting for my reply, he tightened his grip on my hand.

"There was something happened back at home. I need to go back to my mum for today. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Does that mean you will move in with me tomorrow and join my pack?" Chase asked.

"N-No."

"No?" Chase released his grip and my hand dropped to my side.

"I can't explain everything in such a short time. I will go to your pack with you tomorrow and stay there for a few days. I will try to explain everything then. I'm sorry." He wasn't looking at me when I made my speech. I looked at him and waited for his reply. However, he never uttered a single word.

"Chase?" I called out to him and hoped that he would at least give me some sort of reaction.

"Y-You... You are not going to reject me right?" He asked quietly.

"I-I..." Reject him... Rejection had never come across my mind. I never wanted to reject my mate. He was my mate. How could I reject him? But I couldn't be with him. I-I...

"It's ok. I get it. I-I will leave now." He took a step away from me and took one last glance at me before turning away from me. The moment his turned his back on me, I felt pain creeping into my heart. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I didn't want the situation to end like this between us.

"No! No! Chase!!" I ran after him and reached out for him. I hugged him tightly from behind and pressed myself to his back.

"Don't go." I croaked out my words. "Don't just leave like that."

We stayed in that position for a few seconds before he decided to pull me to his front and crushed me into his chest. He buried his face into the crook of my neck and breathing in my scent. He tightened his arms around my waist and hugged me very close to him. I sneaked my arms around his waist and pressed myself even nearer to him.

"Chase. Chase." I mumbled his name while enjoying his existence. He started planting kisses on my neck and nibbling it.

"Chase..." I moaned out his name and that probably turned him on. He pushed me to the nearest wall and pinned me against it. And within seconds, he captured my mouth with his. His kiss was rough and dominating. Pleasure shot through me, causing me to get even more addicted to his kiss. I swung my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

After a few minutes, both of us started gasping for air but my eyes were all along on him. Just him. He returned my gaze and still having me trapped in between the wall and him.

Slowly, he rested his palm on my right cheek. "I'll come and get you tomorrow?" He said softly. I nodded slightly. Sadness was clouding his eyes.

"I have always wanted to find my mate. And I told myself when I do find her; I am never going to let her go." He confessed.

"Chase..." He cupped my face gently and planted a kiss on my forehead. Taking a once last glance, he released me and walked away.

Looking at his retreating figure, my heart throbbed in pain. Then I knew, I wanted to stay by his side even if it was only for a second. I wanted to reach out to him and grabbed hold of my one and only happiness. I wanted to see him smile, see him laugh and see his face every single morning. However...

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, Chase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018