Staying or Leaving?

Chapter Three – Staying or Leaving?

*Ava's POV*

"Ava, is there something wrong? You can tell us about it." Of course Cassidy would notice my weirdness. She had always been very observant.

"It's just that after finding our mate, we have to move to their pack, isn't it?" I lifted up my head and looked at Cassidy.

"But... I can't leave the pack, Cassidy." I said, painfully. It was a painful decision to choose between my mum and Chase. But I had to stay with my mum. Cassidy and Madison seemed to understand my situation.

"Then you are going to leave him after this party and decide to never ever see him again?" Madison asked.

"I-I..." Never see Chase again? Chase... Tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes. If I was not to see him again, I probably wouldn't be able to live. But my mum needed me. I needed to be by her side. She had always wanted to kill herself so she can be together with dad. But how could I possibly see her doing such a thing? I needed to be with her. But Chase...

"Ava, he has the right to know your situation. He is your mate. Both of you have to face the situation together and sort it out. You can't just leave him without giving him any explanation, without giving him any chance." Cassidy held my hand and said.

"I-I... I don't know what I should do. I don't know what decision will be the best for the both of us." I said truthfully.

All of us stood in silent for a moment before Cassidy spoke again. "Ava, why not you go over to his pack and stay with him for a few days? Since he is the Gamma, he has to be in his pack. But you can go over and in the meanwhile, you could try to tell him your situation. At the same time, you can also get to know him better."

"Go over to his pack? But..." I wasn't too comfortable about this arrangement.

"We will take good care of Aunt Ella. Don't worry. You can request to go with him tomorrow or whenever you are comfortable. If after hanging out with him, you still feel that you can't leave our pack, we will all respect and support your decision." Cassidy said.

I looked at Cassidy and Madison. They were smiling encouragingly at me. I closed my eyes and tired to smooth out my breathing while thinking what decision I should make.

"Ready to go back out?" Cassidy asked. I nodded my head slightly. I held the mask on my hand and headed out with Cassidy and Madison. The moment I stepped out of the washroom, I caught this pleasant scent again. His scent. Lemon with some woody pine smell.

Cassidy and Madison stopped their footsteps suddenly. I walked up to them and stood beside Cassidy. There he was, standing a distance away from me but facing directly at me. He had taken his mask off and I could see his face and features clearly. His worries were all written on his boyish-looking face. The moment he saw me, all the trace of worries disappeared. He quickened his footsteps and walked towards me. Cassidy nudged my side and signaled me to go to him. I walked slowly towards him. The moment I was within his reach, he held out his hand and grabbed me by my arm. He pulled me towards him and locked me in his arms.

"You are gone for too long. I started to get worry. I thought something bad happened to you." He nuzzled into my neck and mumbled. Hesitantly, I lifted up my hand and reached out to his back, and started stroking gently hoping it will calm him down. After probably a few minutes, he released his grip around me and stared straight at me.

Gently, his fingers brushed past my cheeks. I leaned into his touch almost immediately, as if that was the most natural thing to do on earth. I had my eyes closed and concentrated on feeling his warm. When I opened my eyes, I saw him frowning.

"What's wrong?" I asked carefully.

He growled unhappily. "Did someone hurt you? Why did you cry?"

"I-I..." I then remembered my eyes were probably still red after the crying in the washroom. "No. No. No one hurt me. I just..."

At this moment, Cassidy and Madison decided to walk up to us. Chase probably saw them heading towards us. He immediately pushed me behind him and stood protectively in front of me.

"Its fine, Chase." I placed one hand on his back and went to stand beside him. He took a glance at me and back to them. He frowned when his gaze landed on Cassidy. His wolf probably sensed a strong aura emitting out from Cassidy since she was the Luna of The Red Blood Pack.

"Chase, she's my Luna, Cassidy." I introduced him to Cassidy. "And she's Madison." I pointed to Madison.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Chase." He replied while holding my hand.

"We will leave you guys to talk for a moment." Cassidy said and left with Madison, leaving me with Chase.

After they left, the both of us just stood in silence. I was looking down at the floor and shifting my weight from foot to foot.

"Baby girl." He called suddenly.

"Hmmm?" And I answered him mindlessly. Baby girl?

I quickly lifted up my head to look at him and found him smiling away.

"You have finally decided to look at me?" He teased.

"I-I... I just..." I stumbled on my words, not knowing what to reply. Then suddenly, I heard him chuckling.

He pulled me to his chest and hugged me. "You are so cute."

I didn't respond to his statement. Because the moment I was in his arms, I couldn't think straight. His scent was making my entire mind fuzzy. I could feel my heart beating crazily.

"Baby girl, you have not told me your name." He said. I then realised he had introduced himself and I never even told him my name once.

"A-Ava." I managed to squeak out my name.

"Ava." My name came out perfectly from his mouth. "Ava." And he continued repeating my name over and over again.

I moved a little away from him so I could see his expression. He was smiling all along while he recited my name. He was truly happy. I could see it in his eyes. The way his eyes lit up and sparkled when he looked at me. He leaned forward and placed his forehead on me. His smile was still intact on his face.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered softly.

"Chase, I-I..." He was in his good mood. How could I bear to destroy it? I moved away from him and looked at him.

"Chase..." He seemed to be zoning out when I looked at him. After a few seconds, he then focused on me.

"My pack is leaving. Let's go!" He grabbed my hand happily and started pulling me with him.

"Chase. Chase." After a few steps, I stopped walking and stood firmly on the ground.

He turned around and looked at me worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"There is something I need to tell you." I looked at him and bit my lips nervously.

"I-I can't go with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018