Forgive

Chapter Twelve - Forgive

*Chase's POV*

After Ava's confession, I headed straight to the tree house. I knew it was bad to just leave her like that. But my mind was in a fuzzy state. I couldn't think of anything. I sat on the bed and leaned my head against the wall.

'I'm sorry, Chase.' Her words were continuously replaying and replaying in my mind. Carl was whimpering in pain, knowing that his mate was going to leave him.

I sat on the bed the whole night, unable to sleep without having her by my side. In the middle of the night, there were some stepping sound and a dark shadow entering the tree house.

"I want to be alone." I said coldly.

"Let me stay with you." Kerin pleaded.

"Kerin, leave me alone for the night." I said impatiently.

"I overheard your conversation with Ava this morning." She confessed as she came to sit beside me. "I just want to keep you company. Please let me stay with you."

I groaned and shifted slightly away from her. "Suit yourself." I lay down on the bed with my eyes closed. Images of her started filling my mind. I remembered her smile and her warm from yesterday when we slept on this bed together. I wanted to hold her in my arms right now so badly and never ever want to let go. I wanted her. I needed her. But how can I heartlessly tear her away from her mother? How can I...

"Chase, are you asleep?" Kerin asked softly. How can I possibly fall asleep? Of course I didn't say that out loud. I just pretended to be asleep. I didn't really feel like talking anymore.

"Chase?" She called my name again. I just thought probably after a few times, she will give up so I continued to keep my eyes and mouth shut.

There were a few moments of silence before she spoke again. "Do you really love her that much? That you couldn't leave without her?"

Kerin probably didn't understand the feeling about mates because she hadn't found hers. At first, I didn't understand about the feelings too. Whenever I looked at those mated pairs in the pack, I couldn't understand why they were always sticking together. I had always being excited about meeting my mate. I wanted to experience that kind of feeling. And now when I did, I understood why they were always together. Your mate was like your oxygen. Your energy to live on each and every day. You couldn't live without him or her. You had to have him or her by your side. And now being away from her hurt me. And it hurt me even more knowing that she was probably in pain too. Just what should I do?

There were a few moment of silence before I finally decided to answer her question. "I love her, Kerin. And I won't live in a world without her."

Seconds passed, I started hearing some sobbing sounds coming out beside me and I knew Kerin was crying. I didn't comfort her. All I could say was I'm sorry.

The next day, I was awakened by the strong sun rays that were shone through the windows, lightening up the room. I didn't even know when I fell asleep and how I even managed to fall asleep. I sat up from the bed and looked at the clock at the bed side to see it ticking to 1pm. By the time I woke up, Kerin had left. I stood up from the bed and headed down the tree house. I walked through the clearing when I started to catch a whiff of a very familiar scent. Taking a few more big steps, and there she was. I immediately went to her side and squatted down to her level.

"Why are you sleeping here? Don't you know it is very dangerous to sleep here? There might be rogues attacking anytime and you choose to sleep here unprotected. And you are not even aware of your surroundings. Despite me standing here and talking for so long, you are still sleeping." I mumbled while looking at my sleeping mate. Her sleeping body then started to slide off the tree bark and came falling towards me. I quickly held her in my arms.

"How can I ever be relieve to let you go like this?"

*Ava's POV*

In my dream, Chase was hugging me tightly in his arms while both of us ware resting on his bed. His warm and his scent never failed to bring a sense of security and comfort. I would not ever get sick and tired of staying in his arms. I hoped this moment would last forever and ever. But this aws only a dream.

My eyes fluttered opened unwillingly and failed to sleep longer in order to prolong the dream. My eyes blinked a few times while adjusting to the brightness of the surrounding. The moment my vision got clear, I saw him. He had his arms around my waist as he looked at me.

Is this a dream?

But his existence felt so real. I stretched out my hand and placed it on his cheeks, stroking it gently. Tears started building in my eyes the moment I felt his warm.

I miss you. I miss you so much.

Uncontrollably, I lunged forward and hugged him tightly. Tears kept on falling.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I apologized over and over again. "Please don't be angry with me."

"I'm not angry with you. How can I ever be angry with you?" Chase said gently as he wiped off my tears. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone."

I shook my head tremendously before hugging him again. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm..." Chase didn't allow me to finish my sentence as he stopped me by kissing me. He hovered above me and pinned me to the bed, deepening the kiss. He released the kiss but he didn't just end there. He grabbed my hip as his tongue trailed down my neck. He stopped at a spot and started sucking. A moan escaped my lips as I gripped his shoulder tightly.

"Chase..." I moaned his name when his hand slipped under my shirt, with his fingers brushing across my bare skin. He grabbed the edge of my shirt and tugged it over my head, throwing it on the ground.

"Chase." He stared intensely at me. His eyes filled with lust, need, want and most importantly... love.

I grabbed his face and lifted myself up from the bed so I could kiss him on his lips. "Chase... I-I want you." I bit my lips and felt shy out of a sudden. I couldn't believe I would say this. This man in front of me was turning a shy girl like me into a bold girl.

Suddenly, I was being pushed back down to the bed. He came near me and whispered, "Don't regret of what you have just said."

"I won't regret."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018