When you're gone

Chapter Fifteen – When you're gone

*Ava's POV*

Carefully, I lifted Chase's arm that was wrapped around me and placed it back on his side. I slipped off the bed quietly and grabbed my clothes that were lying on the ground. I quickly dressed myself up and stuff the rest of my clothes in my duffle bag. Secretly, I took one of Chase's shirts and stuff it into my bag too.

Standing in front of his desk, I took the necklace off my neck and placed it on the desk. I placed a letter together with the necklace before I left. I gripped the door knob and hesitated whether I should take a one last glance of him. If I turned around, I probably wouldn't bear to leave once I see his face. Tears were streaming down from my face.

I'm sorry.

I turned the door knob and stepped out of his room. I closed the door behind me. I already started to feel my chest getting all so stuffy and my heart was hurting so badly. Angel was also whimpering in pain. Gripping my duffle bag tightly, I made my way down the stairs. Every step seemed heavier than the previous. The moment I reached the ground floor, I came face-to-face with Luna Jessica. She looked at me and did not say anything. I thought she was going to stop me and scold me for leaving but instead, she came forward and hugged me tightly.

"Luna..."

"Are you sure you going to just leave like this without telling Chase?" Luna Jessica patted my back gently. "You look like you are going to break apart."

Uncontrollably, I started sobbing in her arms. "I love him. I love him so much. I didn't want to leave his side."

"It's ok. Everything is going to be fine." Luna Jessica said softly as she stroked my back gently. She continued to stroke my back tilll I calmed down.

"I'm sorry." I said. She shook her head slightly and smiled warmly at me.

"Go on." Luna Jessica took a step back and waved goodbye at me.

"I will tell Alpha Brett that you have left so don't worry about it." Luna Jessica said. Actually it was rude to just leave a pack land without informing the Alpha. It was like disrespecting the Alpha of the pack.

"Thank you." I bowed at her to show my respect before leaving. I walked out of the pack house and took a one last glance at it before leaving.

"Ava!" I stopped my track when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Ron and Lewis standing at a distance away.

"Are you going to just leave without saying goodbye?" Lewis stepped forward and said.

"I'm sorry. I was just afraid that I wouldn't bear to leave if I were to say goodbye." I said.

"Chase doesn't know that you are leaving?" Ron said calmly.

"He-He doesn't know. He is still sleeping." I said.

"If it wasn't because the both of us have morning duties, we probably also wouldn't know that you are leaving today." Lewis said unhappily.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I apologized and looked at the both them. "Please look after Chase for me."

"Are you sure you are going to leave him like this?" Ron asked.

I nodded my head hesitantly. "I'm sorry. Take care."

And with that, I walked away from The Dark Light Pack. I walked away from Chase. I walked away from our memories and our future. And I knww I will never be complete anymore.

"Ava!" Cassidy and Madison rushed up to me the moment I stepped into the pack house. I stood on the ground and stared blankly at them.

Cassidy wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Cry it out, Ava. We are here. We are here for you."

Hearing her sentence, something in me snapped. Tears started dropping fiercely out from my eyes. I started crying out loud painfully.

"It hurts. It hurts so much." I gripped Cassidy's shirt tightly. "I love him so much that it hurts me so much to leave him. It hurts. It hurts, Cassidy. Chase. Chase."

I did not know how long I had cried. I did not know how many days had past. I only knew I had been sitting at a corner of my room all day, hugging his shirt and staring at his picture that was in my phone.

His smiling face. His scent.

Those were the only 2 things that were keeping me alive. I couldn't think of anything else other than him. I forgot about mum. I forgot about the reason why I needed to come back to The Red Blood Pack rather than staying with Chase. I needed him. I needed him so badly.

"Ava. Ava!" Cassidy slammed opened my room door suddenly and dragged me out of my room. I didn't know where she was pulling me to. My mind wasn't here. I just allowed her to drag me around. Then, I started hearing my mum's voice. She was screaming and shouting for my dad. The moment I saw her, I then remembered I had left her all alone for days.

"I'm sorry, mum. I'm here now. I'm here now." I dashed to her and hugged her tightly. "I'm here. I'm here." And I can't help but to cry along with her. All of her pain, emptiness and sorrow of losing dad, I could fully understand now. My pain might not be as great as hers but it was there.

After probably 30 minutes, with the help from Jayden and the others, we managed to calm my mum down. I sat on the bed beside her. She was fast asleep. The surrounding was filled with silence and I started thinking of him again.

.

.

.

Chase, what are you doing now?

.

.

I missed you.

.

.

.

*Chase's POV*

"Ava?" I rubbed my eyes as I sat up from the bed. I looked around the room but I didn't see her around.

"Ava?" I stood up from the bed. I grabbed my shirt and pant that ewre lying on the ground. I put it on and was about to walk out of my room to go look for her when something caught my eyes.

On my desk, there was the necklace I gave her. I walked towards my desk to see a letter lying beside the necklace.

Dear Chase,

By the time you read this letter, I have gone back to The Red Blood Pack. I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly and without telling you anything about it. That's because I wouldn't be able to say goodbye while looking at your face. I wouldn't bear to leave you then.

Thank you for staying by my side for the past few days. I really enjoyed myself. I'm grateful towards Moon Goddess for letting me to meet you even though it was only for a short period of time. I really cherish the times we were together and with all the memories created, I believe I could survive through.

Chase, please be happy. Please continue smiling for the rest of your life because I love your smiling face the most.

I love you.

Goodbye.

Love,

Ava

The wind was blowing through my room's window and it blew the letter off my hand to the ground. I stood rooted to the ground and stared at the wall blankly. Tears started forming in my eyes. At this very moment, I could hear my heart shattering in a thousand pieces. I could feel myself getting harder to breath.

The love of my life...

...she was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018