Love

Sorry for the long wait.  I have been busy with work. Sorry about that. It will be a short chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Nine – Love

*Ava's POV*

"Chase, no. We-we have to stop." I placed both of my palms on this chest, trying to push him a little away from me.

"Chase, please." A tear slipped off my eyes when I felt his canines pierced through my skin. He seemed to hear my cries because he stopped and extracted his canines out from my neck, not continuing the motion of marking me.

 "I'm sorry. But you can't mark me."

He looked at me with a pain expression and sadness swirling in his eyes. "W-Why?"

"Chase, I-I..." I looked at him, not knowing how I should tell him about my situation. He got off me and went to sit on the bed. I sat up from the ground and looked towards his direction. He buried his head in between his hands.

"Chase." I went over and squatted in front of him. I grabbed his hands out of face and hoped that he would look my way. But instead, he looked away from me.

"Chase." I held his face gently and moved in front of him. It hurt me seeing him in such a vulnerable state.

"Do you... Do you have someone else?" He asked after a few moment of silence.

"W-What? What do you mean?" I asked.

He hesitated for a few seconds before deciding to look at me. "Are you... Are you currently dating someone else?"

He was looking at me with a pain expression as if he had heard me saying 'Yes' to his question.

"Silly boy." I stroked his face gently. "There is no someone else."

I looked into his eyes and said, "There is only you."

"Only you." I repeated. Immediately, he stretched out his arms and grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. He pressed me into his chest and hugged me as tight as he could.

"But... There is something you need to know, Chase." I said. It was only the first day in Dark Light Pack. I thought of spending more time with Chase before telling him everything. But things were progressing a little too fast. I couldn't let him mark me without letting him knowing my situation and that I couldn't stay here with him.

He lifted me up and placed me on his lap. He lay his head on my shoulder and hugged me closely like a little boy who needed comforting. Naturally, I stretched my arms to his back and started stroking it gently.

"Chase, I..." I wanted to tell him my story. He had the right to know.

He squeezed me a little and I felt him shaking his head. He held me tightly as went on to lie on the bed. He tugged me in his arms as we lay comfortably on bed.

"Just stay like this for a while." He mumbled softly.

"Ok." I whispered my answer and leaned my head against his chest. Breathing in his scent helped to loosen up my tensed body and I felt my eyes started closing.

"I love you." I heard him said softly above my head. I snuggled closer to him.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018