Carl

Chapter Seven - Carl

*Ava's POV*

I sat on the grass patch and looked straight at the lake in front of me. When I turned to my left, he was there, sitting beside me smiling widely. Slowly, I lay my head on his shoulder. He immediately responded by placing his arm around my waist and hugged me closed to him. I snuggled into his arms and breathed his scent. I thought this scenario would last. But after all, it was just a dream.

"AHHHHHH!" My eyes snapped opened when I heard someone shrieked out loud. There was a figure standing in front me. Before I could even take a good look of who the person was, he or she grabbed my arm tightly. He or her nails sunk into my arm. I whined a little and felt the pain that him/her nails had caused. And before I could even respond, I fell hard on the ground.

"Ava!!" I then heard his voice. Within seconds, I was being lifted up from the ground. As my head lay on his shoulder, I felt like sleeping again. So comfortable.

"Who is she?!" She half-yelled unhappily. I frowned slightly and not feeling comfortable with the loud sound.

"Ava? Ava baby." And there was the gentle and soft voice which I loved it so much.  His fingers gently swept my hair to the side and slid past by cheeks. I opened my eyes slowly and it adjusted itself to the brightness of the surrounding.

"Ava?" My eyes wandered around and finally landed on him. His warm brown eyes were looking at me, filling with worries.

"Chase?" My voice crocked due to the dryness of my throat.

"Are you feeling pain anywhere?" He asked me while moving his hands across my body. I shook my head and went back lying on his shoulder. I wrapped my hands around his waist and stuck myself to him. I felt myself getting more and more in need of him.

"You sure?" He asked while pulling me slightly away from him in order to look at my face. His eyes roamed down from my eyes and landed on my arm. He started growling lowly and lifted up his head as he stared straight ahead. I followed his gaze from my arm to this girl. She had long brown wavy hair that reached her waist. She was wearing a short that displayed her perfect long white pair of legs. She wore a simple T-shirt, where the end was tugged into the short.

"How dare you hurt her!!" Chase boomed directly at her. She flinched when Chase snarled at her.

"You never ever once shouted at me." The girl said softly. She seemed to go into shock. Chase didn't respond to her words as he continued snarling and glaring fiercely at her. I placed my hands on his chest and back and stroked gently. It wasn't that serious. My arm only had some red nail marks. It wasn't even bleeding. But male wolves were like this – over protective. If Chase was an Alpha or Beta, it would be much worse. He would probably charge towards the girl and grabbed her by her the throat. That was what Jayden did when some random people hurt Cassidy. He wouldn't even care whether the person was a human or werewolf.

"Chase?" I whispered his name softly but that didn't divert his attention as he continued shooting daggers at her.

"Chase." I placed one of my hands on the side of his face and wanted to force him to look at me. But that didn't work either.

'His wolf is in control.' Angel said suddenly.

'Then what should I do?' I said.

'Allow me.' Angel said.

I let Angel took over my human form.

"Mate?" I said as I tried to move myself in front of him but he was holding me tightly and not allowing me to move. I sighed inwardly and I knew I had to think of other ways to divert his attention.

I looked at him and my eyes wandered to his expose neck. I tried to move forward bit by bit till my lips reached his neck and pressed against it. I nibbled his neck playfully and licked it. He moaned a little and grabbed my hip. He pushed me towards him. I placed my hands on his chest and kept a short distance between us. I looked at him to see him finally had his eyes landed on me. I smiled shyly at him as he stared intensely at me. His face softened down and a smile broke out on his face.

"Mate. Mate." He chanted the word in happiness.

"You can call me Angel." I introduced myself.

"Angel." He pushed me to him and he nuzzled into the crook of my neck. "You are truly my angel."

I giggled at his cheesy statement. "What's your name then?"

"Carl." He said while smiling widely at me. We were looking at each other and totally forgotten that she was still standing in the room till she made some coughing sound. Carl was still having his attention on me while I made the effort to turn to look at her.

There was obviously the feeling of pain and hurt flashed across her eyes as she focused on Carl.

She loves Chase.

Her wolf was probably still waiting for her mate but her, on the other hand, the human side loved Chase. I turned my attention back to Carl and smiled a little at him. I knew I should get jealous and possessive knowing that some girl was aiming my mate. But I knew Ava wouldn't like that idea either. Chase did not truly want to shout at this girl or be angry with her. It was just that Carl disliked the idea of someone or anyone hurting his mate and took over. Chase wouldn't like it if we fought with this girl. Moreover, Ava and I didn't like to fight. We were never a warrior, a fighting wolf, or any other name. We were just... just some normal little creatures.

I snuggled into Carl's chest and stroked his back gently.

"Carl..." I called his name softly.

"Yes, Angel?" His eyes sparkled with a little of mischief. The word 'Angel', he meant it in 2 ways – my actual name and a nickname. And he looked quite contented with his little joke. I shook my head inwardly – A playful wolf.

"Give Chase back the control?" I asked. He first looked at me and then to the girl. He narrowed his eyes at her and growled unhappily at her. She quickly took a step back and was slightly afraid of him.

"Carl..." I continued stroking his back and tried to calm him down again. He nuzzled his face into the crooked of my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Chase?" I called softly, not knowing whether he was back in control.

 He opened up our distance and looked at me. "Chase?"

He smiled at me when he heard me calling. His eyes started changing from black to brown. I returned the smile when I knew that he was back in control.

"Chase?" This time it wasn't me who called him. It was her. Chase was looking at her with a regretful look. I looked in between them and decided that I probably should leave. I got down from Chase's lap and headed towards the door without looking back.

"Ava!" I'm being yanked backwards after hearing my name. Chase stood in front of me and looked at me worriedly.

"I think the both of you needed to talk. Don't worry about me. I will just be outside." I said calmly while not forgetting to put on a smile. I didn't want to get him all worried about me. I carefully slipped my hand out of his. I tip-toed a little and planted a kiss on his lips before leaving the room. I closed the room door shut and stared at it for a while before turning to leave. The moment I turned around, I came face-to-face with Lewis and Ron. Both of them had a knowing sad-weak-looking smiles on their faces.

"Care to bring me around the pack house?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018