Treehouse

Chapter Eight – Treehouse

*Chase's POV*

The moment Ava stepped out of the room closing the door along with her as she left, I turned around to face Kerin. I sighed loudly. I headed to my bed and sat on it.

"Chase, I-I..." I stared out of the window for a while and turned to look at her.

"Ava is my mate." I said while looking straight into her eyes. "And I never intend to let go of her."

I knew whatever I had just said will hurt Kerin but I had to make it clear to her. I had always treated her as my sister. I knew that she had feelings for me but we never ever brought this topic up. Since now I had Ava, I had to and needed to make everything clear. And I had to explain clearly to Ava that Kerin and I were never an item in case she misunderstood.

"I'm sorry, Kerin." I stood up from my bed and walked towards the door.

"No, Chase." She scurried to my side and stood in front of me, blocking my way. "We have been together since young and you are now choosing her over me?"

"Kerin, we are never together. Not in the romantic way. We were just playmates. We grew up together with Lewis and Ron. We are all together since young. And I am not choosing her over you. There is nothing to choose in the first place. She is my mate and will always be. And you..." I looked at her sincerely.

"You will always be my little sister, my friend." I patted her head gently before heading out of my room to look for Ava.

*Ava's POV*

I was walking side by side with Lewis and Ron as they showed me around the pack house. And now we were outside, strolling along the lake. The lake looked exactly the one in my dream. Calm and blue. As we were walking, none of us spoke about the issue between Chase and the girl. I still had not come to know her name.

"Here we are~" Lewis happily announced. I looked at him confusedly and turned towards the direction where he pointed. I stared at the sight in front of me and was surprised at what was in front of me. A tree house. The tree house was big and built on top of the tree of course. There was a rope ladder hanging down from the house and a rubber tire ring swing tied at the side of the tree house.

"And that's our cue to leave." Ron said suddenly and the both of them started retreating away from me.

"Lewis? Ron? W-What..." Just as I wanted to ask what they were doing, I saw Chase walking towards us from far. As Lewis and Ron walked passed Chase, each of them patted on each side of his shoulder. He took a few glances at the both of them before having his eyes landed on me. He walked up to me and sneaked his arms around my waist. He pulled me close to him. He looked into my eyes and tried to read my emotions. I placed my arms around his waist and smiled lightly at him.

"Can we go up to the tree house?" I asked. He pressed me against his chest and brought his mouth to my ear.

"Of course. I want you to see the tree house I built anyway." Chase said.

"You built this tree house?" I exclaimed.

"Yap!" He announced proudly. He held my hand and led me to the tree house. He climbed up the rope ladder first and I followed him. When I was about to reach the top, he stretched out his hand for me to grab it. He then led me into the house.

The house smelt like Chase but it was also mixed with some other people's scent but his scent was the strongest. There wasn't much furniture around. There was only a small bed, with a small drawer at the side of the bed. There was a table in the middle with a few sitting mats around. The windows were wide opened. Sun shone into the house, brightening up the whole area and wind blowing freely around the whole surrounding. I loved this place. It felt like... It felt like home. Cosy and warm.

"You like this place?" I didn't realize that Chase was actually standing behind me and hugging me from behind till he spoke.

I nodded my head frantically and tilted my head to look at him. "I love this place."

"Glad you love it." He said. I turned around and hugged him. I placed my mouth near his ear and whispered, "So wonderful of you."

He smiled happily at me with his eyes sparkling with happiness. I held his hand and pulled him towards the sitting mats. I sat down on one and patted on the mat that was beside me, signaling him to sit down too. He walked towards the mat and sat quietly beside me. I continued to look around the house.

"Ava." He called my name softly.

"Yes?" I turned to look at him.

"Don't you have any questions for me?" He asked carefully. He looked a little worried while waiting for my reply. I smiled assuredly at him and shook my head.

"Nope."

"Are you angry with me?" He started to panic and grabbed my hand into his. "There is nothing going on between me and Kerin. I swear." He then lifted up his right hand, showing only 3 fingers, doing the I-swear hand signal. I giggled slightly upon seeing his all-so-serious face. I pushed his hand down and held it in front of us.

"There is really nothing going between us. I only treat her as a sister. I never ever have romantic feelings for her. Heck. I never ever have romantic feelings for any other girls. I-I just want my mate." He said looking shyly at me. But when he saw me not replying, he went on rumbling again.

"There is really really nothing going on between me and Kerin. I just treated her as a sister. I swear I only treat her..." He was about to do the 'I-swear' hand sign again when I took his hand in mine. Not wanting him to continue repeating his words, I did what most people would do. I kissed him. Right on his lips.

He grabbed my waist and pushed me nearer to him, deepening the kiss. I can't help but started squeaking out funny noises. Everything felt so right. Being with him felt right. Kissing him felt right. Touching him, embracing him, hugging him, all felt like the right things to do.

Our kiss got a little heated. He pushed me to the ground and pinned me there, not allowing me to escape. He peppered kisses along my jaw line and down to my neck. He kissed and nibbled my neck. I moaned out loud with he was sucking this one particular spot on my neck. A growl rumbled through his chest as he held me tighter. I could feel his tongue sweeping swiftly across my neck a few times before I felt something pointed pricking my neck.

"Chase, no. We-we have to stop." I placed both of my palms flat on this chest and tried to push him a little away from me.

"Chase, please." A tear slipped off my eyes when I felt his canines pierced through my skin. He seemed to hear my cries because he stopped and extracted his canines out from my neck, not continuing the motion of marking me.

 "I'm sorry. But you can't mark me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 17 June 2018