Going to her

Chapter Seventeen – Going to her

*Chase's POV*

"I'm sorry." I kneeled down on the ground in front of Alpha Brett and my parents. I lifted up my head to look at them. "Please forgive me."

"No! You are not going anywhere. You are not leaving us!!" My mum shouted at me.

"I have to." I said determinedly.

I grabbed my backpack that was lying on the ground and stood up. I looked at my parents and then Alpha Brett, Ron, Lewis and the rest of the pack members.

"I'm sorry." I bent 90degrees and apologized. I took a one last glance of everyone and lastly, my attention landed on Luna Jessica.

[Flashback]

I lay on my bed and felt the hangover which was giving me a major headache. Bottles and bottles of beer streamed down my throat as I hoped it will ease the pain that was erupting from my chest. Once I stopped drinking, I could feel the pain creeping back into my heart, killing me over and over again. I sat up from my bed slowly to see lots of empty bottles lying on the floor but that didn't bother me. I picked up my heavy legs and dragged it across the room. I grabbed a new bottle of beer and opened it. I continued drinking.

She left.

The necklace I gave her was still lying on the desk and shining brightly at me. I wanted to throw it out of the window so I won't get to see it anymore but I can't seem to do it in the end. My body slumped down to the ground and I leaned lazily against the drawers. I stared blankly into the surrounding as I brought the beer to the mouth.

I need her.

I needed to see her. I wanted to see her so badly. Being apart from her asw a torture for me. Just what can I do?

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud slammed made by my room door. "One week of stupidity is enough. Get up."

The next thing I knew I was being grabbed by the collar and thrown to the bed. I dropped the bottle of beer in the process.

"Lewis, you got to calm down." That was probably Ron's voice. There weren't any replies from Lewis. Instead, he came forward and grabbed me by my collar again.

"How long do you intend to live like this?!" Lewis shouted angrily at me. "Do you think that by drowning yourself in the pool of alcohol will bring her back to your side?!"

"Are you still fit to be our Gamma?! Can you still protect our pack like this?! Look at yourself!!" Lewis continued shouting while I decided to ignore him and crawl over to pick up the beer bottle. Just when my hands were touching the bottle, Lewis grabbed it away from me and smashed it against the wall.

"Get a hold of yourself!"

"Leave me alone!!!" I shouted at him and I got myself punched in the face in return. Lewis wanted to send another punch to my face before Ron managed to grab hold of him.

"Let go of me! I need to knock some sense into him!! He is acting like a kid!!" Lewis shouted at Ron while I struggled to get out from his grip.

"Do you know the feeling of having your mate leaving you? You don't know because you have not found your mate. Then let me tell you. It's like your whole heart being ripped off from your chest. There is a hole there and no matter what you do; it will never be mended up. The emptiness, the loneliness, devastated, pain, sorrow." I felt myself feeling the pain again as the words came out from my mouth.

"Then go to her!!! You stupid fool!!!"

"What should I do after I go to her?! Stay for a few days and leave again?!" I stood up and shouted back at him.