I'll miss you

Chapter Fourteen – I'll miss you

*Ava's POV*

We talked and ate our food at the same time during dinner. After dinner, Chase and I went for a little shopping trip. Chase had his arm wrapped around my waist as we walked on the streets. We walked for a while before Chase left me at the park alone. He said that he needed the washroom urgently and dashed away after he led me to a bench at the park. I sat quietly on the bench and waited for Chase to come back.

'Ava, could you help me ask Chase whether I can go for a run with Carl tomorrow morning?' Angel suddenly spoke in my mind while waiting.

'Sure. I will ask him when he comes back.' I said.

'Thank you! Thank you!' Angel danced happily in my mind. Being a wolf, our favourite hobby would be having a run with our mate. To Angel, it would be the best feeling ever.

'That will be our one and only run together...' Angel mumbled sadly.

'Angel, I'm so-' Before I could complete my sentence, I felt Angel disappearing from my mind.

I'm sorry.

"What are you thinking?" I was about to turn around when I heard his voice but before I could even react, I was hugged by him from behind.

"So? What are you thinking about that you never even realized that I'm back?!" I turned my head around to see Chase pouting unhappily.

I smiled gently at him before speaking up. "I was just talking to Angel. She wanted me to ask you whether she can go for a run with Carl tomorrow morning."

"He will be more than willing to go for a run. He has been bugging me since the day we arrived here. But I just ignored him since I want you all to myself." He said while hugging me even tighter. I carefully leaned back and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Silly." I patted his head gently while having a smile plastered on my face. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and he took in my scent.

"Chase." I called his name silently. He didn't give me any response. Instead, he pushed my head to one side with one hand and gripped my shoulder tightly with another hand.

"C-Chase..." Without warning, he started kissing and sucking my neck. I could feel my body trembled a little when I felt each kiss he planted on my neck. I placed my hand on his arm and gripped it tightly while trying very hard to hold back my moan. I could feel my heart beat quickened and my breathing increased rapidly.

His hand travelled down to my chest and gave my breast a light squeeze. "Chase!" Unable to hold back any longer, I moaned out his name.

"C-Chase... W-We are in public." I managed to squeeze out the words while he continued to 'attack' me. I heard his curse and groaned before letting me go and came over from behind to sit beside me.

 "I'm sorry. I got carried away." He ruffled his own hair and made it into a mess. I raised my hand and tidy his hair a little.

"It's fine. I'm not angry." I smiled sweetly at him. He stared straight into my eyes and raised his hand to stroke my cheek softly. At this moment, I did not know whether there was anyone around. All I could see was him and only him.

Slowly, inch by inch, he moved forward. Or specifically, his face moved towards mine. Closer and closer till our lips were just centimeters apart. I closed my eyes and anticipated his kiss. Seconds past, nothing had happened to my lips. Instead, I felt something on my neck. I opened my eyes just in time to see him giving a peck on my lips. He then left a comfortable distance between us and he smiled happily at me.