Chapter Ten: Just Give In

Chapter Ten:

Just Give In

It was the Yule ball. Everyone even the teachers gathered in the center of the great hall dancing ceremoniously. Everyone except Adriana. Adriana walked outside wanting to be alone. She never was one for parties and this one was no exception. She smiled faintly, it would be her birthday soon. That coming January she would turn twenty four.

She heard someone walk up behind her. She didn't bother to turn around. She felt a hand onher shoulder. Adriana looked up the man was in silhouette.

"close your eyes..." he whispered.

She closed her eyes unsure why she felt so passive.

He leaned down placing a soft kiss on her lips. Her eyes shot open as his lips touched hers. Adriana relaxed; closing her eyes once more, she wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. He pulled back and looked into her warm brown eyes.

"Severus?" she asked her voice very small, and timid.

He smirked, he looked completely different than he normally would have. His hair was no longer long, it was actually short for once. His robes were completely different as well. His normal black cloak was gone and in its place was a blackblue dress coat. He had the look of an 18th century gentleman.

Adriana stood up, he was a lot taller than her...at least eight inches.

He held out his hand, music could be heard from inside. He remained silent... Adriana took his hand as he placed the other on her waist. He pulled her closer and took the lead. They danced together, moving in a fast pace with the music.

The music began to slow down and fade into a steady dance. Adriana rested her head on his shoulder, unsure how he would react. His other hand moved to her waist. He did not protest to her actions at all. The music played on reaching it's climax and fading out. Adriana looked into deeply into Severus' black eyes. He kissed her softly on the lips once more.

"I love you Adriana..." he whispered

she struggled to hold back her tears. She couldn't help but think about Jonathan.

"It's alright." Severus said softly.

Adriana held him tighter, grabbing his coat firmly.

Tears fell from her eyes on his shoulder.

"I love you too Severus." she breathed softly.

He leaned down kissing her passionetly. She pulled him closer not wanting this moment to end. Severus pulled away just slightly, looking deeply into her eyes. 

The music started up again but instead of the smooth classical music, the sound of loud rock music could be heard from the inside. Adriana smiled looking in seeing bunches of teenagers dancing around in packs.

She laughed turning back to Severus,

“I think I'm ready to retire for the night.”

He gave her a half smile nodding in agreement. They walked side by side down the great hall, trying their best to avoid the group of reckless Griffendores that ran past them. One of them stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of Snape and Adriana walking together. Fred's mouth was wide open with shock, he smacked his brother and pointed over to the two.

“Look George!” He said pointing.

George choked on his punch as he looked over to Snape, his arm around Adriana's waist.

“Bloody Hell would you look at that.” He said as he wiped the punch from his mouth and dress robes.

“now I've seen everything.” said Fred in disbelieve.

It was the next morning, a light shined into Adriana's eyes making them flutter open, she let out a tired moan.

'good thing its Saturday.' she thought.

She felt someones arm wrapped around her. She looked over to find Severus laying beside her fast asleep. She rubbed her tired eyes, the ball took everything out of her. Her eyes widened with shock when her mind registered that Severus was asleep next to her. She looked around the room to find both of their cloths in a pile on the floor.

Her mind whirled with questions. She covered her mouth with her had to suppress a gasp. She tried to think back at last night, she remembered walking into the great hall drinking champagne and walking outside where she danced with Severus then nothing. She couldn't remember anything past walking away from the Yule ball with Severus. She hit her forehead a few times scolding herself,

“I knew I shouldn't of drank that damn champagne” she said to herself.

But what she didn't understand was she knew she wasn't drunk that night. She would have known if she was because she would be having a hangover right now. She felt completely fine, no sign of a hangover what so ever. 

She heard Severus stir as he began to wake up. He ran his fingers through his now long hair. The spell he used to make his hair short, had long worn off. He let out a long tired sigh rubbing his face. He looked over to Adriana who looked as if she saw a ghost.

She looked at him for a moment.

“Severus did we...” she stopped herself.

“Yes...” he said slightly mumbled.

She bit her bottom lip in embarrassment looking away from him. He pulled her into his arms to comfort her. She let out a sigh, still feeling tense. 

He kissed her ever so tenderly on the lips.

"Never let me go" she whispered. She held him even tighter as she felt the sting of tears in her eyes.

"I wont let you go Adriana. I love you." He replied.

"forever?" she asked timidly.

"Always"

Author Note: I just love adding the Twins in this story! and yes I know I kinda cheated with adding "Always" in but I had to! Well anyway the inspiration for this chapter came from that lovely picture on the side by Simulcika from DeviantArt.com and the song Hope by Apocalyptica that is also on the side under the picture.