Chapter Eight: Death is Not Kind to the Weary Man

Chapter Eight:

Death is Not Kind to the Weary Man

Three years ago Vicktor walked down Digon Ally, holding a bottle in his hand. His mind was clouded by alcohol, and depression. He fell to his knees practically begging for death to take him. His family was gone; he had no one to turn to. The war had taken everything from him and more. Rain began to pour, Vicktor did not move. He remained on his knees in the middle of the street as the cold rain drenched him completely. He felt a hand on his shoulder; Vicktor looked up to find an old wizard looking down at him.

"What is your name?" asked the old wizard.

"Vicktor. Vicktor Alexander Regan." He replied halfheartedly.

The old wizard smiled. "You're Alexander's boy. I never thought I'd see you again."

Vicktor looked up at the man, "Who are you? How do you know my father?" He asked.

"My name is William Chase, I was your father's mentor." Replied the old wizard.

Vicktor kept silent, he couldn't believe he found someone who knew his father.

"Come, lets's get you out of the rain." said william.

They walked over to the side, out of the rain. Vicktor still remained silent.

William walked with Vicktor down Diagon Ally to his house, holding his wand tightly in his hand.

"Why is your wand out?" asked Vicktor.

"I used to be an Auror Vicktor, many Death Eaters want me dead." replied William

"is that how you met my father? He was an Auror like you?" asked Vicktor

William let out a sigh,"Not exactly" he replied.

They continued to walk down the cobblestone path till they reached a small house, William's house. William muttered a spell under his breath and the door opened.

"please make yourself at home." said William taking off his traveling cloak.

"Thank you." muttered Vicktor.

William pulled out a crystal bottle from a cabinet. He summoned two glasses with his wand and poured the rich amber liquid from the crystal bottle into the two glasses. He handed one to Vicktor and sat down in a large arm chair.

Vicktor quickly downed the alcohol and set the glass aside.

"Tell me about my father..." said Vicktor.

"Yes of course. But I must warn you, you may not like what I tell you." said William.

"I don't care William just tell me." growled Vicktor.

William sighed. He took a gulp of his scotch before speaking.

"your father was a good man. He never really wanted to hurt anyone, it was because of his brother Rupert that he became a..." William stopped speaking.