Chapter Fourteen: New Years Resolutions

Chapter Fourteen:

New Years Resolutions

Vicktor awakened in a damp cell he felt in his coat pocket.

"thank god." he breathed.

The notebook was still there. He pulled out his wand, which for some reason Jonathan didn't take.

He tapped the book three times making it disappear. He leaned his head back in relief. Hopefully the spell worked.

The door to his cell opened, there was Jonathan holding a whip tightly in his hands.

"Andrew is not letting me feed so I'll have to find entertainment else where. And guess what your it!" he said snapping the whip in the air. Vicktor felt himself pushed to the wall by an invisible force.

Jonathan chuckled. He raised the whip high slashing Vicktor's back with a cat o' nine tails. Vicktor howled in pain as the nine barbs dug, and ripped through his back.

This went on for hours. Jonathan just kept slashing Vicktor with the whip harder and harder, gaining more and more sadistic pleasure with each brutal strike.

Andrew walked in. "that's enough Jonathan. We don't want to kill him now do we?" said Andrew.

"well I had my fun." said Jonathan handing Andrew the whip, walking away.

Vicktor breathed heavily. His breaths were short and raspy. He was almost at the point of begging for death.

...

Adriana let out a breath. It would be her birthday soon. She laughed, her birthday was on January 8th, only a day before Severus' birthday.

She smiled, there had not been any contact with Andrew or Jonathan for a while. She finally had her moments of peace.

...

Severus sat alone in his office. A book had made its way into his hands. It was Vicktor's notebook.

He couldn't understand how or why he even had it. Vicktor despised him, he knew he did. He opened the book. Inside were many notes and newspaper clippings stuff like that.

He decided to try and trace where the book came from. He pressed his wand onto the cover muttering something. He Pressed his wand on a bit of parchment. It Had only three words.

'Krummhörn, Northwest Germany'

He growled. It wouldn't say anymore.

Adriana walked in, wrapping her arms around him. It was almost midnight. He looked at her with a raised brow. He still couldn't get completely used to how he felt about her. He turned around looking at her.

She smiled pointing over to the clock. Only one minute till midnight. He leaned closer, his lips inching towards hers.

"so any New Years resolutions?" she asked.

"I don't believe in that sort of thing. It's just a promise people make to themselves that they end up breaking later in the year." he replied.

She laughed. The clock chimed.

"happy new year Severus."

"happy new year Adriana."

He pulled her closer closing all remaining space. He kissed her with more passion than he ever did before.

...

Vicktor looked up to the sky.

"Happy New Year Adriana." he whispered.

He could hear Andrew and Jonathan popping a bottle of champagne making a toast to the new year. He chuckled lowly to himself.

"even those bastards are having fun." he laughed.

Author Note: Yes I know another short chapter. And I'm sorry but I had to leave it as it was or I would have lost the feel I was going for in the chapter :P.