Chapter Seven: Adriana's Lost Love

Chapter Seven:

Adriana's Lost Love 

It was later that morning; Adriana woke up feeling like she had been through hell and back. She stood up from her bed; she could tell she was getting worse as the days passed. She couldn’t remember what happened last night. All she remembered was seeing her brother again, and the nothing… it was a dark from there. She took in a deep breath; unsatisfied she decided to go outside for some fresh air.

She walked down a few corridors till finally she was able to get outside. She breathed in once more, filling her lungs with the crisp fall air. She remembered the first task for the triwizard tournament was that morning. She could hear in the distance people cheering. She smiled slightly, ‘well there’s no point in staying in the castle’ she said to herself. She walked to her room putting on her proper robes and walked down to the arena that was set up for the first task.

She walked onto the field, going up the stairs to the top row were she saw the other teachers. She looked up seeing someone on a broom, being chased by a dragon. Adriana turned back around, continuing to walk up the stairs. She pushed though some people till she found Snape and sat next to him. He looked at her with a raised brow.

“What are you doing out of bed?” he asked sounding a bit worried.

“I needed the fresh air…” she replied, “Who is that on the broom?”

“Harry Potter…” he said plainly. He crossed his arms, and continued to watch.

About a half an hour later Harry completed the challenge, making the crowd go wild as he held up the golden egg.

Snape walked with Adriana out of the arena, he didn’t know why but he always enjoyed her company. The way she smiled, how she was so friendly. When she was with him he felt like he could be happy again. Adriana stopped walking for a moment, making Snape stop walking as well. He looked over his shoulder at her, unsure why she suddenly stopped. She was looking down at the ground, just standing there. He walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, her warm friendly brown eyes looking deeply into his black ones. She had a smile on her face; for once she didn’t look sick, for once she looked happy again.

Their faces were so close; his was a mere two inches away from hers. He leaned in further; his lips were so close to Adriana’s they were practically touching. He took her in his arms, closing the gap between them. For one moment Snape was happy, for once Adriana forgot about the curse that followed her, because at this moment nothing else mattered. They slowly parted; Adriana’s eyes grew wide once she realized what had just happened. They pulled apart shocked at what just happened. Neither of them could say a word. Tears grew in her eyes; she turned around running back to the castle. Snape’s fists pounded the brick wall in regret. He had no idea why he kissed Adriana, what force made him do it. He couldn’t help himself.

  Adriana held her head in her hands. She hated herself. 'I can't be in love with him, I just can't ' she said to herself. She couldn't help it. Every moment she spent with him she felt butterflies in the pit of her stomach. Every touch sent sparks through her body. His smooth velvety voice enticed her, making her hang on every word he spoke.    Her fists pounded on the wall. Her thoughts drifted to the only other man who made her feel this way. Her lost love Jonathan. Tears streamed down her face.  He was the only man she had ever loved, until she met Severus. He stole her heart, something Adriana thought impossible.   

Little did she know Snape was going through the same struggle as she was.   

Snape sat alone in his office. He had his head in his hands crouched over his desk. Snape couldn't understand it. Was he falling in love with Adriana? Could it be at all possible? No its impossible, he kept telling himself. 

   He just couldn't understand it. His love for lily was strong as ever. Not for one second did his thoughts not gravitate toward her. But at the same time his thoughts were split into ones of Adriana. He had an overwhelming rage boiling in the pit of his stomach. He couldn't help himself; he cared for Adriana this much he knew to be true.  He felt torn into two.    Why? Why did Adriana have this effect on him?    He let out an irritated growl knocking over a pile of books. 

Snape hid himself away, he felt guilty for kissing Adriana but at the same time he had no regrets. He couldn't help but think about her, about Lily could it be possible that he could fall in love again? He couldn't be sure. 

His jumbled mind slipped back to that moment once more. Everything about her enticed him. It was scaring him. Was he falling in love again? Was it really possible? What about Lily? His mind kept returning to her of course. Would he be betraying his memory and devotion to her if he were to fall in love with another woman? Again he couldn't be sure. 

Adriana laid in her bed a wreck. She didn't know how she felt about Snape anymore. She hid her face in her sheets. Adriana cursed her emotions that were screwing with her head. But like Snape her mind continued to gravitate to the kiss they shared. She felt safe in his arms. She felt like nothing in the world could harm her.