Chapter Six: The Man Dressed Monochrome

Chapter Six:

The Man Dressed Monochrome

Adriana sat in her room, reading a book to pass the time. She let out a sigh closing her book. She looked at her clock... It was too late in the day to talk to Snape, he would have been in the middle of a class. She laid back, bunching up her covers as a make shift pillow. 

  Later that evening, Adriana found herself in Dumbledore's office looking at a rather tall gentleman.  Dumbledore cleared his throat, preparing himself. 

  "Adriana this is Andrew Blackthorn, he has come all the way from Germany to speak with you."  

Andrew Blackthorn's appearance alone seemed to demand respect. He had over all handsome features that could easily catch the eye of a woman. His short combed back black hair contrasted nicely to his bright blue eyes. He had a square set jaw and a thin aristocratic nose, that served to enhance his over all appearance. Clenched within his tight grasp was a sliver walking stick similar to luscious Malfoy's.  Lastly on his right hand, was a grand ring barring his family crest.    He took hold of Adriana's hand pressing it to his lips.  

"it's a pleasure to meet you Adriana." he said with a deep, smooth voice.   

Adriana blushed, "the pleasure is mine."  

He gave her a suave grin. He had the feel of an old fashioned gentleman that served to gain Adriana's attention.   

Adriana smiled sweetly. Andrew may have charmed many other women before, but good looks alone would not win Adriana over.    She had a bad feeling about him. But she couldn't understand why. She shrugged off the feeling for now.   

"I would be honored of you would join me on a trip to Hogsmead." he asked lifting his arm.    She interlocked her arm with his, humoring him.  "It would be a pleasure." she replied.    Andrew smiled, he looked back at Dumbledore who nodded in approval.   

It was an hour later after Adriana’s trip with Andrew Blackthorn to Hogsmead. She couldn’t help but feel odd around Andrew. His outward appearance contrasted with how she felt in his company. Sure he might have acted like the perfect gentleman, he might have had good looks and what not; but Adriana just couldn’t shake the bad feelings she had when she was around him. She let out a long drawn out sigh; maybe if she just relaxed she might feel better. She walked down the long corridors and down to the dungeons where her room was. It was well after dark, all the students were asleep. She remembered that the first challenge for the triwizard tournament would be coming up in a few days. The thought both excited her, and made her uneasy.

She finally got to her room and opened the door. Thoughts of Andrew still plagued her mind, and she had no idea why. She had no real interest in the man and to tell the truth he scared her a little. She let out another tired sigh, turning on the light. Setting her bag down near her desk she noticed a letter placed on her desk. On the letter was a stamp of red wax, bearing Andrew Blackthorn’s family crest. She looked at the letter; she was hesitant to touch it. She quickly grabbed it breaking the seal. She stopped herself for a moment, ‘How did he even get in my room?’ she asked herself. She felt a cold shiver go down her spine. Adriana opened the envelope the rest of the way. A sliver necklace fell from it onto her desk. It was a simple silver chain with a small charm in the shape of a spade. There was a bit of parchment, and on it was written a small note.

‘Meine Liebe,

Here’s a token of my appreciation.

-Andrew’ 

She felt uneasy, this was just odd. She looked around, letting out a sigh she clasped the necklace around her neck. she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked pailer that usual, she looked sick. There was a knock at the door. Adriana looked up, she put her hand on her forehead as she walked to the door. 

"Adriana its me Vicktor." said her brother from behind the door. 

A smile appered on her face when she heard his voice. She wondered when she would see her brother again. 

"c-ome in." she muttered. 

The door opened and Vicktor rushed in, "Adriana whats wrong?" he asked his smile gone. 

"I-I don't feel too good." she studdered. 

Vicktor rushed to her side guiding her to the bed. 

"What can I do Adriana?" he asked, he hated seeing his sister like this. 

She began to mumble something, but he couldn't catch a word. He laid her down pulling the sheet over her. 'I should get Severus..' he said to himself. He didn't want to resort to asking help from him but he didn't know what else to do. Vicktor let out a growl, he walked out of the room running down the halls to Snape's office. He knocked rapidly on the door, not thinking clearly. The door opened, Snape glared at Vicktor. 

"What do you want? I'm busy." said Snape, obviously irritated.

"It's Adriana... there's something wrong. If there was anyone else I could think to go to, trust me you would have been the last person." growled Vicktor. He didn't like wasting time with Snape when he knew Adriana was not well.

Snape's glare softened at the metion of Adriana's name. 

"What's wrong?" he asked his voice slightly softer. 

"Thats the thing. I have no idea... thats why I came to you." said Vicktor.

"Take me to her." 

They walked down the corridors to Adriana's room, Snape rushed through the door with Vicktor following close behind. Vicktor walked over to her side, "Adriana how are you feeling?"

"I feel...so cold." she muttered.

Vicktor looked back at Snape with a pleading look in his eye. 

"Please, help her..." he said, Vicktor looked  vulnerable at his sister's side. He held her hand tightly, fighting the tears that were starting to form in his eyes. He had seen his sister like this way too much. He could hardly stand it anymore. 

Snape pinched the bridge of his nose taking in a deep breath. 

He walked over to Adriana,  he placed his hand on her forehead. She felt ice cold, Snape muttered something to himself. 

"You can help her right?" Asked Vicktor, his voice begining to falter. 

"Yes..." Snape replied not paying much attention to Vicktor, "She has been poisoned."

"Poisoned? how, why?" asked Vicktor. 

"well obvously I don't know Vicktor now if you don't mind could you leave me alone for a moment?" said Snape getting extremly irritated with Vicktor.

"Yes, yes of course." he said walking out the room without another word.

Vicktor paced outside the door for a half an hour waiting for a word from Snape. Nothing for another ten minutes. The door opened, Vicktor walked in. It seamed Adriana gained more color to her face. She still looked sick, but not as much as before. 

"She should be fine for now..." said Snape walking out of the room. 

He continued to walk down the hall, Vicktor grabbed his shoulder.

"Thank you, Severus." He muttered, forcing himself to say thanks.

"Your welcome..." replied Snape with a slight grin...