:Part Two: Chapter Five: Things Are Not Always What They Appear to Be

Chapter Five:

Things Are Not Always What They Appear to Be

Death was all around her. Bodies of fallen witches and wizards  lined the castle. Adriana ran down the ruined halls of Hogwarts, beaten and bruised. She had to find Severus... An arch of green light grazed her arm  launching her into a wall. She yelped in pain as her back hit the stone wall. Adriana struggled to get up, her leg was caught in the rubble. She struggled to walk on ignoring the pain. 

There was another explosion, Adriana was thrown into the boat house. Her entire body ached, once more she struggled to get back on her feet. She looked around her, her vision was hazy. She crawled out of the rubble, in the corner of her eye she saw a mass of black robes. Her vision grew clear once more and there she saw him. 

She crawled to his side, Severus was bleeding profusely. Tears fell from her eyes as she held him in her arms. She was to late to save him. She pressed her hand to his bleeding neck, trying to hold back the blood. 

"Please don't leave me Severus! I need you! Callum needs his father and I need my husband!" she said clutching the hem of his cloak tightly in her other hand. He rested his hand on her's and spoke very softly. 

"I will never leave you Adriana. I will be by your side, always." he whispered; his voice sounded distant and raspy. He breathed in deeply, with each breath getting harder and harder. 

She leaned down and kissed him ever so tenderly on the lips while she ran her fingers through his dark hair. 

He raised his hand to her cheek, giving her a weak smile. 

"please don't cry Adriana, please don't cry." his smooth monotone voice was nothing but a low whisper that could barely be heard.

Adriana nodded in reply, trying to choke back her tears to no avail. She buried her face in his cloak, Adriana couldn't imagine living without him. She felt someone pull her away from him dragging her away.

“No I won't leave him!” she screamed, fighting the person who was pulling her away.

She struggled, and struggled... trying to fight, trying to get away. Her entire body when numb, she slipped in and out of consciousness... then everything went black

….

Severus felt a cold hand on his forehead, causing him to shake.

'Where am I? Where is Adriana?'

He looked around the room, stopping abruptly when the pain in his neck became unbearable. He tried to speak but his words were only gurgled moans.

A witch he didn't recognize walked to his side, pressing her hand softly on his chest.

“Please don't move, you'll pull the bandages loose.” warned the unknown witch.

“Where is my wife?” asked Severus, he struggled to say each word.

The witch looked at him with pity. She let out a breath, not saying another word.

Adriana clutched her stomach. Her right arm, was broken and bound in a cast. She had several broken ribs, which made it hard to breathe. She pulled herself out of her bed, limping as she walked. Her bones crackled under the pressure her weight was putting on them. The pain was unbearable, causing Adriana to wince. A witch came running to her side.

“What are you doing out of bed!” cried the witch.

“I need to find my husband!” she growled walking on.

The unknown witch grabbed Adriana's shoulder tightly.

“Whats his name?” asked the witch...

“S-severus Snape...” she said, groaning when her ribs crackled.

“He's right down here...” the witch didn't even attempt to ask if Adriana wanted help. All she did was point her in the right direction.

Adriana collapsed on a chair as she walked, letting out a loud yelp as she hit her already broken arm.

“Adriana, is that you?” she heard a voice ask.

She looked up, and there he was... She crawled onto the bed laying by his side.

“I won't let them take me away from you again...never.” she whispered.

Severus took hold of her hand holding it tightly...

“I love you...” he muttered.

The end?

Author Note: Yes! I have finally finished a story!!! This was so much fun to write! If you're reading this that means you've stuck with me till the end! Thank you so much for all your support and comments!!! 

 Special Thanks to:

~ArielAsylum

~Gbscorpi45

~EmoSharlie

~ScottishChampion11

~gypsyarabic52

~neh031

~Amez2143

~ValeriaTorres4