chapter six.

january 17, 1989. saturday.

  "OH, ARE WE INTERRUPTING something?" stan spoke from the doorway, richie, eddie, and bill with him. richie snickered, and whispered something to eddie, causing eddie to slap him.

"beep beep, richie!" he exclaimed, and richie laughed even harder.

cass and bev felt their cheeks go red, and bev backed away, standing up. cass stood to, a small smile on her lips.

"u-uh no, you're not. listen cass, i should get home. thank you for having me." she hugged the brunette in front of her, and grabbed her coat from the hook in front of back door that led to a sidewalk that curved around the house and to the road. she waved one last time, and hurried out the door, not caring about the flour that adjourned her body.

cass shook her hair out of her face, and looked up at the boys.

"how the hell did you get in my house?" her question was answered quickly, when came from the living room.

"they were knocking. you two obviously couldn't hear them over your laughter and fucking yelling." danny spoke, taking in the mess the two girls made. "what the fuck happened in here?"

"uh, we made pancakes." cass muttered, motioning to the plate of pancakes resting on the counter. the losers erupted in a fit of laughter, and danny rolled his eyes, moving towards the plate of pancakes. he grabbed one and shoved it in his mouth whole, and cassandra scoffed.

"you're disgusting, danny." she turned away from the older boy in front of her and looked towards the group of boys standing in the kitchen doorway. "what are you guys doing here?"

"we came to see if you wanted to come to the arcade, we wanna see how good you are at street fighter." stan explained, and richie smiled cheekily.

"im the best at that game. good luck beating me!" richie exclaimed, and eddie rolled his eyes.

"rich, you suck at street fighter." eddie said, and richie shoved him playfully.

"oh eddie spaghetti thats where you're wrong!" he started, and the two began a heated argument. cassandra, bill, and stan ignored them, and began talking about something different.

"suh-so. what was h-happening there?" bill questioned, his cheeks red.

"yeah, i think all of us want to know." stan motioned to eddie and richie to stop arguing, and the two boys stopped their fighting to focus on cassandra.

"nothing happened, guys. we're just two friends who were trying to clean up a kitchen floor. i slipped, and she fell on top of me." cass explained, turning to finish cleaning up the mess.

"just go hang out with your friends, i'll clean up." danny spoke, and cass smiled thankfully. she ran to him and gave him a quick hug, saying a quick 'thank you'.

"no funny business with her boys, i know shes gay, but no funny business." danny spoke, but froze in his tracks. "oops." he muttered.

"wait you're gay? we were kidding earlier!" stan exclaimed. cass nodded sheepishly, and looked up at the boys.

"i understand if you don't want to hang out with me anymore." cass muttered, fiddling with her fingers, something she always did when she was nervous or embarrassed.

"no, this is awesome! finally someone who will talk about girls asses with me! these boys are so boring with that shit." richie walked towards cass to give her a high five, but she pushed his hand down.

"sh-shut up ruh-richie!" bill laughed, and eddie and stan soon joined him.

"i'm gonna go upstairs and get dressed. i'll be back in a few minutes." cass left the kitchen, and faint sounds of footsteps could be heard as she ran up the stairs.

"so, you're the famous danny frayser. i've heard a lot about you. they say you're a real ladies man." riche started, going to punch danny's shoulder. danny grabbed his fist and pushed it down.

"not happening, trashmouth." danny spoke, and began to clean up the mess.

"yowza. okay mr. tough guy. maybe next time."

"i doubt it." danny muttered, and the losers, excluding richie, laughed.

cass came back down a few minutes later, dressed in a oversized red sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

"come on losers, i have to beat richies ass in street fighter."

"NO NO NO THIS IS BULLSHIT!" richie yelled, smacking the machine. he had just lost to cass for the seventh time. "how the hell are you so good at this?"

"uh my dad used to take me to the arcade all of the time. i just picked up a couple tricks." she winked. the losers behind them watched with amusement, richies cocky ass had finally been beat.

"a couple tricks my ass. you're a fucking boss at this game." richie rolled his eyes after his statement. "come on, one more round."

"nah, i'm bored with this. i'm going to play dig dug." cass walked towards the other arcade games, and the boys watched her.

"w-when do you th-think she'll tell us why sh-she moved to d-d-derry?" bill asked.

"when shes ready, we don't want to force her." stan answered.

"yeah, shes the only girl that talks to us. i  don't want to scare her away." eddie added.

"oh please, we all know shes only here for me. ladies cant resist this." richie spoke, grabbing his dick.

"richie! shes gay!" eddie yelled, slapping richie. the losers laughed, and walked in the direction cass did. dig dug was placed near the window, so they walked over there. cass was no where to be seen.

"m-maybe she went to a d-d-different guh-game?"

"yeah, or she fucking bailed on us." richie said, he looked somewhat upset.

they walked around the entire arcade three times, but cass wasn't there.

"whatever. she probably found a better group to hang out with." eddie said, looking down at his feet, his lips pushed down into a frown.

"it'll be okay eds, we don't need her!" richie put his arm around eddie, trying to comfort him.

"don't call me eds!" eddie exclaimed, pushing richies arm from his shoulder.

  AS CASS WALKED OVER TO DIG dug, she felt happy, content. she spent most of her childhood in an arcade, with her father. a wave of nostalgia washed over her, and she felt tears well in her eyes. she she closed her eyes, willing the tears to go away. she brushed off the sad feelings, and focused on being happy, and winning this game.

she arrived at the game and popped a quarter in. she began to play, hoping to beat the high score.

the game had ended, and she was about to put another quarter in when she felt a hand go over her mouth, and around her waist. she tried to scream, but it was muffled. she felt her feet lift off the ground, and she was carried out of the arcade. she began to thrash  around, kicking her legs. tears welled in her eyes, and she was thrown into the backseat of a car. she landed in the laps of two boys.

"if you don't struggle, it'll hurt less." a voice spoke. she looked up, and what met her eyes was horrifying.

henry bowers, sitting in the passenger seat, his friend victor driving. she was laying in belch huggins and patrick hockstetters laps.

"you'll let us have some fun first, won't you henry?" patrick grinned down at her, and tears slipped out of her eyes. she was too stunned to speak.

"of course. we're going to make this little bitch pay."

•••