bonus chapter!

BEVERLY MARSH HAD FOUND it was easier to breathe back in derry. she had received a call from mike only hours before, telling her it was time to come home.

that IT was back.

she wasn't exactly sure why it was so easy to breathe. perhaps it was the country air, or the breeze that ruffled her hair as she walked.

the more she walked through, the more she remembered. the clown, her father, her friends.

but not the one thing the back of her mind wanted her to remember the most. a part of her brain that remember screamed at her, a word that couldn't quite leave the tip of her tongue.

cass.

cass,

cass.

the woman sighed, rubbing at the concealed bruise on her cheek. the one her husband had laid on her only the night before, along with many other cuts and bruises that had accumulated over time.

her husband reminded her so much of her father. hateful. violent.

homophobic.

that was one of his traits that bothered her the most. she wasn't exactly sure why, but whenever he made a comment about a gay couple or said the word faggot, her stomach clenched and anger courses through her veins, and rose onto her freckles cheeks.

though, any comment made about her hate towards homophobia ended in her getting hurt, so she started to bite her tongue after a while.

the redhead stopped walking through the streets of derry, and stared down a long road.

the road she used to live on.

she almost turned, but an unknown force pushed her forward.

pushed her towards a street that led to a house.

the house where her dead best friend (lover) had once lived.

beverly felt an ache in her chest, and let her heart lead her towards the old home.

then all of a sudden, she felt her heart stop.

it was like someone had kicked her straight in the chest, and knocked the air out of her. fresh waves of pain ran over her, and pushed through her bloodstream. she felt tears well in her eyes as her line of vision finally landed on the eyes of a man.

danny frayser.

"bev?" the man called towards her, and beverly took off in a run. her feet ached from the glass wounds she had received the night before, but she kept going until her developed body collided with her dead girlfriends cousin.

"oh god," she breathed into his shoulders, her fresh tears soaking into his shirt. "it, it hurts even more being back here. dan. i- i remember everything."

and that was true. once she remembered cass, the rest of her memories came flooding back, as if someone had poured a bucket of water over her head and awoken her from a deep sleep.

"it's hard to forget her," danny sighed. beverly stayed quiet. she loathed herself for forgetting cass, but deep down knew it wasn't her fault.

it was the clowns.

the clown that killed her lover.

the clown that was supposed to be dead.

"how have you been, dan?" beverly asked, pulling away from him.

"i've been well. i'm- i'm married now. got a little girl. her name is cass." beverly felt tears well in her eyes at his words.