chapter eighteen.

june 17, wednesday. 1989.

"YA KNOW I REALLY LIKE BEING your personal doorman. seriously, could you idiots have taken any longer?" richie called, circling around the losers as they walked their bikes away from beverlys house.

"shut up richie!" eddie retorted.

"yeah, shut up richie!" stan agreed.

"oh okay, trash the trashmouth i get it. hey, i wasn't the one scrubbing the floor and imagining the sink went all eddies moms vagina on halloween!" the hyperactive boy retorted, still circling around the losers.

"she didn't imagine it," bill spoke, and cass nodded before bill continued."i s-s-saw something too."

"you saw blood too?" stan asked, and cass felt a small amount of fear in her stomach.

"n-not blood. i s-saw guh-guh-georgie," the losers looked towards bill, fear written on their faces. bev intertwined her pinky with cass softly, and cass pulled away. "it seemed s-so real. i mean it seemed like him but there was this-"

"clown." eddie finished, then added, "i saw it too." cass watched as bill made eye contact with bill and stan, and watched as the boys nodded.

"wait, can only virgins see this stuff? is that why i'm not seeing this shit?" vasd shot richie a harsh glare, and he smiled sheepishly. cass spoke, ignoring richies comment.

"remember when i fainted at bens house? and the balloon i told you about?" cass felt relief flood her body, happy that she wasn't going crazy.

'but mommy thinks you're crazy cassie. she does, yes she does.' a voice cooed. she felt the sting of her cuts on her arm and she sighed rubbing them slightly.

"wait, isn't that belch huggins car?" eddie asked.

"and the homeschooled kids bike." bill stated.

"yeah that's mikes." eddie confirmed.

"we have to help him," bev commanded.

"shes right. hes our friend." cass motioned to her and bev and the boys nodded. they all dropped their bikes, besides stan who put his kickstand up, and ran towards the woods, in hopes of finding mike hanlon.

mike grunted as his face was shoved into his days delivery.

"eat it bitch!" belch screamed.

"you fucker!" victor added. mikes ears began ringing, and he looked towards a patch of grass, where he saw a certain clown.

pennywise had blood dripping from his
mouth, and mike felt his insides churn as the sicko waved at him with a childrens disembodied hand.

he could faintly hear henry yelling at him to get up, and as soon as he tried belch kicked him in the face, sending him backwards. henry climbed on top of the boy, pinning his arms down with his knees. bowers slowly raised a rock above his head, and he was about to strike when he was hit in the face with a rock. he felt a flash of pain before it dulled to a throb, and he was sent flying backwards.

"nice throw," stan complimented.

"thanks." bev smiled softly as cass and the others filled their arms with rocks. mike began crawling towards where the other losers stood, and she rushed to help him, dropping her rocks.