chapter nineteen.

june 17, wednesday. 1989.

   "THANKS GUYS. BUT YOU SHOULDN'T  have done that. they'll be after you now," mike spoke as the losers walked through an old train yard.

"oh, no no no, bowers, hes always after us," eddie explained.

"i guess thats one th-thing we all have in common," bill spoke, and cass and bev looked at each other and smiled, tightening their pinkies.

"yeah homeschool," richie started, "welcome to the losers club!"

june 17, wednesday. 1989.

CASS AND BEV LAID ON CASSANDRAS bed, pinkies laced together. they were talking about the fair that was coming up, but bev didn't seem all that interested in the conversation. she kept fiddling with her fingers and glancing towards cass, then away.

"okay, stop that," cass commanded, and beverly reddened.

"stop what?"

"you know what, carrots. whats wrong?" bev sighed, and turned her head towards cass. she sat up, and cass followed suit.

"its been twelve days since we, ya know, and i-i like you.  i want you to keep kissing me like that, and i don't want to flirt with ben and i don't want you to flirt and cuddle with stan and i want you to myself but i-" bev was cut off by cassandras lips on hers, and she soon moved her own against the shorter brunette. she sighed into the kiss, feeling the butterflies in her stomach take flight. she could faintly taste the strawberries on cass' lips, and she smiled. cass pulled away slowly, smiling up at beverly.

"i'm yours, miss marsh."

"as- as in you're my girlfriend, and i'm your girlfriend?"

"whatever you want us to be babe," cass smiled cheekily as bev blushed at the nickname.

"i wanna be yours," bev began, "cass, will you- will you bemygirlfriend?"

"of course ya big goof!" bev smiled widely and pulled cass in for a slow kiss, sighing when their lips touched again. cass smiled widely onto bevs lips and pulled away, breathing slightly heavy.

"please don't ever leave me bev."

"i won't as long as you promise the same."

"whats left of my heart is yours forever," cass smiled after she spoke and snuggled into bevs chest, dosing off. "sing to me."

"i can't sing."

"yes you can, i listen when you think i'm sleeping or not listening," cass listened as bevs heart rate sped up.

"okay, but only because its your birthday," with that bev began to sung, the words making cassandras heart speed up.

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine."

"you make me happy, when skies are gray."

"you'll never know dear, how much i love you."

"please don't take my sunshine away."

after that night, that song became the two girls song.