Chapter 17

"Why the fuck did you do that!?" I yelled at him.
He looked at me, "I want to finally beat him Emmy bear, we've been at each other's throats for years and I want it to finally be over."
"Why do you hate him?"
We were in the school parking lot while I was chasiting him.
He looked at the cement, "because I just do, okay?"
I made him look at me, "please I want you to let me in, stop isolating me Jax. I want to get to know the real you, not the one that you let everyone else see."
"You'll make fun of me and treat me like shit because I am!"
"No you're not! Stop comparing yourself to your brother and don't tell me you're not because I know you are."
"He act like a bitch, but he's better than me no matter what you think."
I rolled my eyes, "Jaxass you're so much better than your brother and I want you to stop thinking that you aren't."
"To mom he's awesome and I'm fucking nothing!"
"But you are something, you're better than him dammit!"
He ran a hand through his hair, "impressing my dad was easy but my mom was a different story, she hated everything I did and I felt like a damn disappointment but she loved my brother so I thought if I did better than him it would impress my mom."
"You don't need your mom's approval Jax. Your brother treats girls like hell and your mom needs to wake up."
"My mom was the reason I got involved with gangs in the first place, she's a bitch."
"How did Xavier get involved with gangs?"
He shrugged, "he got involved with some illegal shit and started getting high as hell like every night, he was really fucking agressive when he was drunk."
"Did you guys fight when he was drunk?"
He laughed dryly, "we fight when we're sober."
"But why?"
"Come on," he gestured to his car.
"Where are we going?"
"A place I used to go."
My heart beat quickened. He was showing me some place he used to go to, does he think I'm special?
"Okay."

"Can you tell me where it is?"
"No."
"Why?"
"You just have to find out Emmy bear."
"Jaxass," I grumbled.
He chuckled, "I actually enjoy my nickname."
"Of course you would."
His eyes twinkled with mischief, "that's because its coming from you."
Why does he keep doing this to me? I can't go back to that.
I looked out the window so he couldn't see the blush rising up my cheeks.
We came to a stop at a house and I arched an eyebrow, "why are we here?"
"It used to be my house, before my dad became rich."
"Did you like it here?"
He nodded, "yea it was when my family wasn't broken, now my mom keeps trying to repair my dad's heart that she fucking broke and it makes me so damn sick."
"I don't think your mom ever loved your dad," I stared at the grass.
He laughed dryly, "oh I know she never did she's been seeing that bitch for about five years behind my father's back and she cheated on him in high school too, that's why Xavier probably does it."
"You know my mom used to like your dad."
He looked at me, "she did?"
I nodded, "yea, back in high school."
He chuckled, "wow."
"Do you have the key?"
"Yea, why?"
"I want to see inside."
"Ok."
"Wait does anyone live here now?"
"No, my dad bought it when he became rich so we won't lose it all together."
I held my hand out and he placed the key in it, "thanks," but deep down I wanted him to place his hand in mine instead.
I opened the door and followed him inside the two story house with a garage.
The kitchen was a pretty big space and had an island in the middle.
"Its beautiful!"
He grinned, "it means a lot to me that you like it, Emmy bear."
I smiled, "aww thanks, Jaxass."
Can he just kiss me already?
He was focusing on a picture that was hanging in the living room.
"Who is that?"
"Me and my best friend Trevor."
"Why did you stop being friends?"
"I became rich and he thought I was a bitch now."
"Well, you have me."
He nodded, "yea."
"Are you okay?"
He shook his head, "no, this house just feels so empty and the memories it has is killing me."
"Jax, this house shouldn't force you to carry the weight on your shoulders."
"Its not the house its my mom, the day she was there before that she hasn't been in our house for three months. She has been at 'her mom's' and every time she comes home she acts like we're all happy family and God we're not."
"I feel like your mom is making you drown in her own problems and she shouldn't."
"Damn right," he muttered under his breath.
"You need help, you don't need to drown in her past all by yourself."
He growled, "I don't need fucking help!"
"I know you don't think you do-"
"I said no, dammit!"
I looked at the ground.
He sighed, "I'm sorry, Emmy bear. Its just I don't want people thinking I need help because I'm not stupid."
"I know you're not stupid Jax and I'm sorry too I shouldn't have brought it up."
"I'm really glad you're here," he looked out into the yard with a concentrated look on his face.
"Why?"
"I'm happy you know more about my childhood, because the memories are all I have about what it used to be like."
"Maybe when your mom finally gets her shit together and leaves you can make more."
"I doubt it, Xavier hates me and I fucking hate him too."
"Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive him?"
He laughed dryly, "hell no."
"Its alright, we can not forgive that son of a bitch together."
I saw a slight change in his eyes when I said together and to be honest I loved it.
____________________________________________
Hey!! So chapter 17 is finally done guys!!