Chapter 32

It was the day of my high school graduation. The day I finally made the choice between Harvard and Richmond! My parents were sad that I was leaving but they were proud that I was pursuing my dreams of becoming a lawyer.
"Smile, Emmy!" My mom gushed.
I giggled and gave her a warm smile.
"So have you decided where you're going to go to college yet?" My dad asked.
"University of Richmond," I answered with no hesitation.
"I thought about it and I wanted to be known as the lawyer who graduated from one the most prominent school in the US even if it kills me."
My dad grinned, "nothing wrong with Virginia."
My dad is a Richmond graduate and he talks about it all the time.
***
As my professors were calling out names, I thought about Jax and the one thought going through my mind. Will I ever see him again?
I understand he has his own choices and go to college wherever he wants, but what about me? What about us?
Is this the end of us? I really don't want to be mad at him when I may never see him again.
I stood at the podium about to give the speech they wanted the president's daughter to give. My gaze shifted to his and it felt like his eyes were pulling me to him like a magnet, I just couldn't let go.
The principal coughed, "Miss. Adams?"
Finally realizing I still had a speech to give, I blushed red in embarrassment.
"There is one word I can think of to describe college and it is opportunity," I paused for a minute, "opportunity to cave a path in life. An opportunity to find love. One for your future. There's also one to fail and one to suceed, it depends on what you do with that opportunity that determmines the outcome." The whole time I gave my speech, I kept looking at him and I couldn't stop myself. He noticed that I kept looking at him by the way his eyes danced with emotion and desperation every time I looked at him.
Why do I care about Zoe? Why is she determining my life and future?!
"....... And we have to make the best of it."
As the audience clapped and cheered, I was searching the room for Jax. Where did he go?!
"Honey where are you going?!" Called my mom.
"To go find Jax!" I shouted back.
I frantically dodged everyone and ignored the urgent questions.
"Emmy?" Questioned Colton.
I groaned, "what? I'm busy."
"I know that you and Jax are having issues but I want to help."
I rolled my eyes, "how? How are you going to help?"
"I thought maybe you could give me a chance...?" His voice trailed off hesitantly.
"Colton-"
"Please? Let me talk?"
I sighed, "fine you have one minute."
"Look I know that you love Jax and as much as that disappoints me, I just want you to be happy. No girl has ever made me feel the way you did that day when we kissed. I'm just asking for a chance." He pleaded.
"Colton, you're not my type."
"Maybe I can be if you explain to me what that is?"
"You don't make me feel special like he does. You don't wear black leather jackets. You ask when you want to kiss me. You don't know how to shoot a gun. One look from you and I don't feel like I'm gonna faint. When you call me my name it sounds normal, when he calls me my name it sounds foregin. Life doesn't feel empty without you. When you say you love me it sounds weird, when he says it I can feel my heart erupt in my chest like a volcano. You're not Jax!"
"Emmy-"
"Just leave me alone and let me find him!"
I ran to the parking lot and couldn't find his car. Where is he?!
I pressed his number and it went straight to voicemail.
Should I leave a message? Is he ignoring me?!
Instead I called Landon and he picked up immediately, "hey?"
"Landon, do you know where Jax is?"
Silence.
"Landon! Please, where is he?"
"I'm sorry Emmy, I can't tell you."
"Why? Is he hurt?!" Panic was laced in my voice and my heart was aching at the thought of him hurt.
"No."
I breathed a sigh of relief, "then what happened."
"He just needs time to chill, okay?"
I wasn't convinced, he was hiding something from me.
"Where are you?"
There was a muffled voice in the background that I couldn't quite make out.
"Shut up!" Landon whispered harshly.
They we're hiding something from me!
"Fine don't tell me but remember Landon, my father's the president and won't hesitate to track you down!" I threatened.
"I'm sorry....." after those words he hung up.
My blood was boiling, he could be hurt and they weren't telling me!
I called up my dad, "daddy where is Landon West?"
He chuckled, "is my daughter stalking people?"
"Nope but I think Jax may be hurt and I have to do something."
Silence filled up the other end, after a minute he responded.
"... the beach?"
Huh? Why would Landon be at the beach?
I stopped questioning myself and got in the car, "bye dad, love you."
"Bye honey."
Please let him be okay.
***
I slammed my car door shut and walked up the sand to the beach, "where is he?"
Just in case, I brought the gun I always keep in my car.
"Jax?!" I whisper shouted.
My eyes light up when I saw brown hair and the back of a leather jacket.
I practically ran down the hill, "Jax?"
When they turned around, I realized it wasn't Jax and scream escaped my lips.
No not again.
"Let her go dammit!" A familiar voice thundered.
"Or what?" The stranger taunted menacingly.
"I'll mess up your face worse than it already is."
When my gaze met those chocolate brown eyes, the urge to throw myself at him and kiss him sky rocketed.
"You'll regret that sentence Parker."
He smirked, "why is that father?"
My eyes widened, "father?"
____________________________________________
I was gonna end it at this chapter but then I realized I just couldn't possibly end it yet. So do you guys want a sequel?! I'm thinking about making it of them in college! It'll be about 40 or 45 chapters so this isn't the end.
Love you guys! 💕