Chapter 33

"Father?" She asked in disbelief.
My heart instantly regretted not telling her.
"Justin is my adopted dad....My real dad is Jackson Daniels. I'm not a Parker, I'm a Daniels."
"Why didn't you tell me?" Her voice cracked.
I stepped closer to her and pushed a strand of hair away from her face, "I didn't think he was worth it. You mean everything to me and I didn't think he deserved to meet you."
"Or is it that I didn't deserve to meet your family?"
She thought she was the undeserving one?!
"Baby, no. You deserve the world but from he did to me," I looked straight at my father in hatred, "he doesn't deserve to walk on the same ground as you."
My father didn't seem to be phased at all by my words, he just stood there smoking a cigarette.
"What did he do to you?"
I haven't heard that  question in a long time, the only person I have ever told what really happened was a cop because I trusted him. Not even my adopted parents knew.
She looked at me, pleading to know the truth.
For the love of Christ, why does that look turn me on?!
I sighed, "after my mother died when I was eight, my dad became a gang leader and started drinking a lot. When I was twelve, he decided he didn't want me anymore so he sent me to foster care and the Parkers adopted me. That's when Xavier started hating me for apparently stealing his parents away from him."
"I thought you said it was because of your mom!"
"I'm sorry.... I never should've lied to you Emmy Bear and told you that I ever would've given a damn about who she liked more," I interwinded our fingers gently.
"But why? Why did you tell me you cared?"
"I used not to be rich at all. I came from nothing so when Justin adopted me I told you he was my real dad because I was worried that if you found out I came from absolutely nothing then you wouldn't see me as you did," I looked at the ground, I knew I shouldn't have lied to her and I knew I didn't deserve her but I couldn't help it. The thought of her leaving when she found out who I really was broke me so I didn't tell her.
"Why would you think how much money you had made any less perfect to me? Jaxass, I love you with your flaws and I don't care how much you came from because it built who you were today."
I felt the ring box in my jacket pocket and wondered if this was the right time to ask her or not.
"I have one more question Jax," she snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Ask away Emmy Bear."
"How did you become rich and how the hell did you become so fit?"
I laughed, "okay two questions. Well I got most of my money from gangs and the rest from Justin. As of fit wise? A lot time at the gym training to be a cop."
"You want to be a cop?"
I nodded, "yep my real uncle on my mom's side is a cop and I've always looked up to him."
"Why didn't you move in with him?"
"My father refused to let him take me said he was too damn young."
She cocked an eyebrow, "how old was he?"
"Twenty-two at the time now he's thirty-two."
"Would you live with him now if you could?" She questioned.
I shook my head, "no. First of all, he has a wife and two kids now and also I want to go forward with my life not back," I looked her straight in the eye and made up my mind.
I bent down on one knee and her eyes widened.
Emmy
He reached in his jean jacket and pulled out a gold box.
My heart erupted in my chest.
Inside was a sparky diamond ring with little diamonds engraved in the silver.
"Baby I know we've only dated for a year now," he started slowly. The sunset was beautiful over the ocean and the tide was slowly rippling in waves.
"But I know one thing and that is that I love you with all my heart. With you going to college and law school and me going to the academy it worries me that you'll find someone new who loves you more than I do but then I think to myself that that's impossible because you mean everything to me. Everytime I wake up you're the first thing that crosses my mind. I could be so upset and one glance from you calms me down immediately. At first I kept telling myself that I couldn't fall in love with you because I had no room for you in my life but somehow you made your way in there and I just wouldn't be the same without you. Emmy Bear I love you and I want to know one thing, will you marry me?"
The moment he said those words my heart couldn't take it. I've been dreaming about the perfect guy my whole life but even though he's far from perfect, he's perfect for me and that's all that matters.
He was smiling up at me and tilting his head waiting for an answer.
I opened my mouth to speak but I just couldn't say anything remotely close to what my heart was screaming so I just nodded.
He stood up and wrapped his arms around me; sliding the ring on my finger.
I glanced at Jax's dad and he gave me a slight nod.
"She'll take care of like I should've Jax.... I regret letting you go now but I just couldn't take care of you when I was so intoxicated ninety-percent of the time so I gave you up," he whispered.
Jax sighed, "thanks dad I really appreciate you being happy for me for once in my life."
He was silent and I knew exactly why he didn't have anything to say because it was true.
***
I walked inside my house with Jax on my heel.
My dad's gaze snapped to mine, "where have you been Emily? Its 10:00!"
"Looking for Jax," I muttered I should've told them exactly what I was doing at the beach but I had to have the evidence before I worried them.
"Next time, be easier to find," my dad glared at Jax.
He held his hands up in surrender, "won't happen again sir."
I nervously pushed a strand of hair out of my face and my mom's eyes widened in awe.
"Emily Rose Adams are you engaged?!"
I turned bright red, "maybe?"
She gave me a hug, "honey I'm so happy for you!"
"Thanks mom."
She lowered her voice and whispered in my ear, "what are you gonna name my grandchildren?"
"Mom!"
Jax laughed.
I may be nineteen but I'm not already thinking about children...... okay maybe I am but that's besides the point.
My dad wrapped an arm around my mom's waist, "lets not give her any ideas."
I rolled my eyes and they all laughed.
THE END
____________________________________________
The first bonus chapter will be a time laspe! Who's ready? 💕