Chapter One (1)

**Editing** 

The rain was falling hard as Samantha ran quickly to her apartment as she tried avoiding getting herself soaked. She finally arrived and shivered as she entered her warm apartment. She quickly changed her damp clothes into warm ones. Samantha placed her damp ones in the hamper that was placed in her bathroom and went to the kitchen to make herself a warm cup of tea, green tea to be exact, her favourite. Samantha placed her mug of tea on her coffee table in the living room and turned on the television to relax after a long day of handing out resumes to different fashion companies. Samantha prayed to get a position as soon as possible, since she really needed a job.

********

Days passed and finally it was a sunny day, most of this week was gloomy and cold. It was mid-autumn; the leaves on the trees changed to different colours. Samantha wrapped her sweater closer to her body as she walked to her interview. Although it was sunny it was still cold. She got a phone call yesterday from a fashion company  not far from her apartment,which was what she wanted. Samantha  graduated from college less than a year ago and moved to a new city to start her life. She loved New York, the fashion capital, and a perfect area for her to start a new job as a business woman, in the fashion world. Samantha always dreamed to be here since she once visited with her grandmother before she passed away from lung cancer a year ago.

Samantha finally arrived to her destination, L'Amour Mode, a place where she applied to work, although she did not get a chance to work with the different clothing at least she could be a part of the business and do all the business work which she loved. She opened the big glass doors and walked inside,it was huge! It had many windows that had great views of the city,paintings,and ofcourse pictures of models,which she guessed were wearing the clothes the company had designed. She was so lost in thought that she had forgotten to go ask the receptionist were her interview was taking place.

"Good Morning Miss Fort" A voice came from behind her. She turned around and was faced with an older woman, she looked around 60 years old. She looked at the lady and was stunned that she knew her name.She was wearing fancy clothes that looked so expensive to even wear.The old lady looked at Samantha as if she was crazy for staring at her for awhile and not replying.

"Oh, good morning Mrs...." she stopped herself not knowing the woman's name who stood before her.

"It's Lee, Melissa Lee" Melissa cut her off with a smile.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Lee, I am here for an interview" Samantha said with a smile.

"Of course, who are you here to see?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. 'Wow' thought Samantha,'this woman knows my name and does not know why I am  here,something does not add up.'

"Umm, I think it's Mr. Lee." She replied shyly.

"Oh yes, he is in charge of the interviews and related issues. Follow me dear, I will show you to his office."

"Thank you" She replied as she quickly followed Mrs. Lee who had already walked down the hall that had many awards, and trophies displayed. 'Wow,rich and talented', she thought.

"Here we are Miss Fort, good luck, hope to see you soon." Mrs. Lee smiled and left Samantha standing outside the huge doors that lead to Mr. Lee's office. She took a deep breath and knocked the door.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote,comment,and share.

Thank you!

-Mouna