Chapter Seventeen (17)

Chapter 17:

*Editing*

 Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

After that has happened between grandma and, I she has not talked to me yet and I feel awful! She has not looked at me yet and she got extremely mad because on my engagement I brought Sam up. I am currently going to work, hopefully Sam is in today. She has not been showing up to work for a week now and I have a bad feeling. It’s probably because she is not feeling well? I should buy flowers and visit her. Once I arrived I quickly went to Sam’s office, hoping she was there, I entered the room without knocking but with my luck she was not present. Her stuff are still in the same spot for the past week now, and I am getting worried. I looked at her opened computer and saw that she still had her email opened; she has not logged out, and she has five unread messages. I decided to take a look and so I sat down in her chair, when I went to click her inbox, the door opened, Samantha? I stood up and was about to call her name but it was Hunter, what was he doing here?

“Hey Nathaniel, how are you?” He asked as he took a seat on the sofa in Sam’s office.

“Hey Hunter. I am well, yourself? I asked as I took a seat on the sofa that is across of the one he was seated in.

“Great, what are you doing in Samantha’s office?” He asked, how does he know this is her office or she even works here?

“What do you mean? Do you know her?” I questioned him back.

“I met her a week ago and someone told me she works here as well, so I decided to visit her.” He said as he looked away and examined her office.

“She’s not here.” I told him and he raised an eyebrow at me with a questioned look.

“What do you mean she is not here Nate? Does her shift start later?” He said as he looked at me.

“No she has not shown up to work for the past week. The last time I saw her was at Krysten and I’s engagement.” I told him as I rubbed my temples, where are you Sam? Are you okay?

“Did you call her and ask if she is okay? Wait, did you say she was at the party? How come I did not see her?” He asked me while looking confused. That is weird though, maybe because she was sitting in the end of the hall.

“Oh she was there sitting at a table with two elder women.” I said as I ruffled my hair and looked at him.

“I did not see her; maybe she did not see me? Although, I did say a speech in front of everyone, so she most likely saw me.” He said as he frowned, was he upset?

“Maybe she wanted to but she had to leave early, because she did not stay long after your speech.” I told him, why did she not want to talk to him?

“I don’t know. So, you said she has not shown up since that day, huh?” Hunter said as he stood up and walked around. I just nodded my head at him.

“Did you go visit her? Maybe she is not feeling well? Do you know her address; I’ll go and check, if you want?” He told me but I wanted to go and check up on her.

“Uh, yeah but I’ll go during my lunch break no need to worry about it.” I told him he just sighed and nodded his head, as he said his goodbyes and made me promise to tell him if I find and see her.

I decided to go back on her computer and check her emails. I know that it is bad but I had a feeling like I had to read them. I took a deep breath and clicked open before anyone else sees me in here, especially grandma and Krysten. I clicked the first one it was from her mother asking her if she was okay because she has not been answering her calls. I frowned at that because that made me more anxious about her whereabouts. I wasted no time clicking through the rest until I saw an unread message by the name of X but it was sent two weeks ago but she has not opened it, yet. I went to click it but I heard the door begin to open again, damn it.

I quickly closed the screen not wanting that person to see her messages. I cannot log her off because I do not know her password. I got under her desk and made sure I made no sound and I heard heels, must be a woman. I looked under the table, and saw the shoes they belonged to my grandma, what does she want? I heard her mumble something like ‘she has not shown up’ and ‘better off that way.’ What did she mean by that, does she really hate Sam that much? Once I heard the door close I quickly got up and opened the screen and began to read the message.

“Dear Sam,

How are you darling? You see the time is almost near when we finally meet, really near. See you then.

X”

Who in the world is X, and what does he or she want with Sam? They better not hurt her because I swear to God I will get them back, but worse. I was so angry and my face was red, who is this person? I looked through her other older messages and he has been messaging her a lot. Does Samantha have a stalker? Why did she not tell me or anyone that she has been getting messaged by this weird person?  I inhaled and exhaled a couple of times to calm myself down, I need to go visit Samantha, hopefully she is home and they do not have her.

Melissa’s P.O.V (Grandma):

Samantha has not been showing up to work for the past week now and to be honest I really do not care. She is getting in the way of everything; she will ruin it if Nathaniel ends up falling for her, which will never happen, over my dead body. He needs to marry Krysten in order for everything to go as smooth as planned.

When Samantha entered the building back in September, I knew it was her, because we have been watching her and know how she looked like but I was not expecting her to show up here and work with the company. That is why the first day I knew her name but I did not know the reason she was here.

So much has happened in these couple of months that has made me grow weaker, but I will not give up. Yes, I sound like an awful ‘grandma’ but the truth be told he is not my real grandson; he is Dylan’s and Lauren’s child, which are my enemies. I took him in as one of my own for revenge at first but I fell in love with this child and I could not harm him at all.

Years passed and Jess told me that I needed to stop loving him because it will only ruin everything. At first I did not agree with her because he was a child, but she said once he gets older I would have to stop being that loving grandma and go against him. This is what I am doing now and I will not stop until I get payback. I entered my office and sat down on my chair and leaned back thinking of everything that needs to be done.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!