Chapter Twelve (12)

Chapter 12

**Editing!**

Samantha’s P.O.V:

I finally arrived I was late like always, the taxi that I called was late because they couldn’t find my apartment. I entered the building and literally went in circles until I found the hall that the engagement was taking place in, The Rogue Hall. I opened the door and for my luck it was pretty quiet minus the background song that was playing, and of course the door squeaks. I bit my lip and looked inside and whispered quiet, but I know I was the only one that heard it. No one seemed to pay attention with the exception of one person that looked me straight in the eyes, Nathaniel.

He looked shocked yet happy that I was there, but with all honestly I couldn’t really read his face clearly. I just nodded my head and smiled as I looked down and sat at a table with people I don’t know, there was only two sitting at the table and it was in the far end. I mumbled an excuse me and sat down staring at my hands and fiddling my fingers. They just whispered back an “it is fine” and brought their attention back at the couple dancing in the center of the room, Nathaniel and Krysten. Krysten looked like a princess and Nathaniel was just charming like her perfect prince charming, but I looked away because I should not be hitting on him anymore, he is officially engaged and I officially do not have a chance with him anymore, I need to move on. I sighed as I popped candy from the candy bowl on the table in my mouth and looked around the room. There was so many people sitting there and admiring the couple and awing every second or two. I felt so awkward and out of place as if everyone was staring at me.

The dance finished and everyone stood up and clapped their hands. I of course stood up and clapped for them as well and sent them a warm smile. Nathaniel was looking around the room for some reason and when he saw me he stared at me again. I stared at him as well then looked away in less than a split second.

“Now everyone, I introduce to you Krysten’s  brother Hunter Riley! He would like to give a speech today in front of all of you. Please welcome him!” Claps filled the room and my jaw dropped I was praying it was not the Hunter I know. With my beautiful luck, it was him! Damn it, they know him too! I quickly tried to hide myself so he does not see me. Not because I do not want to talk to him but because he will start talking to me and how I know the couple. What am I going to tell him? Nathaniel’s my boss; his sister probably hates my guts because she thinks I am going to take Nathaniel from her, which I do not blame her. I was like that with Robert when I would see other girls talking to him. God why did I attend this is going to be a huge mess! Hunter started his speech and was looking around the room giving eye contact to everyone. He looked at the table I was sitting and I quickly hid under it so he doesn’t see me.

“Sorry! I dropped my wrapper.” I told the two elder women sitting at the table with me. I held up my wrapper to show them. They just looked at me weird and nodded their head. I looked at Hunter and he was looking at the people at the other end of the hall and I sighed in relief. After a little while he looked towards our table again! Damn it! I hid under the table again I cannot leave the room he will see me.

Once I got from under the table they looked at me again and questioned: “What did you drop now?” One of the elder woman questioned as they both looked at me and raised an eyebrow. Wow, fussy much?

“Wrapper! You see this wrapper is very slippery it keeps falling out of my hand. A silly little wrapper it is!”  I laughed trying to make them laugh but they just gave me a weird look. I sighed this is harder than I thought. I need another plan and quick! I cannot just run quickly out of the hall because Nathaniel already saw me and will question me later on! Also, I will look like Cinderella and run away at midnight although it was 6 pm. About fifteen minutes later he finished his speech but it felt like fifteen years! I hit my head couple of times while trying to ‘pick up the wrapper,’ and let me tell you it hurts! I probably have a bump on my forehead right now. I sat there rubbing the bump that has already formed and placed the cold glass of water to my head and it felt much better.