Chapter Three (3)

***Editing***

Nathaniel P.O.V: Friday after the Interview:

Miss Fort had just left my office and she got the job.She is pretty and she looks like she is in her twenties but I am not sure.

“Nathaniel?” My grandmother called my name from behind the door.

“Oui grand-mere, entre.” I replied back to her.

“Oh, honey, how did it go?” She asked as she sat down on the couch that was placed to the side of my desk. I got up and went to sit beside her.

“ Tres bien, she got the job” I replied with a big smile on my face.

“ Excellente, excellente, she starts Monday, right?” She asked me while getting ready to leave my office to go home since it was almost 8 p.m.

“ Oui, of course grandma” I replied.

“Perfect, oh honey about the other topic. I want you to come to my house and we can discuss it over tea. Tomorrow, okay?” She asked seriously.

“Of course, sleep well, bonne nuit grandma.” I hugged her as she left my office and me with my thoughts of Miss Fort and what my grandma needs. I guess I will see Miss Fort Monday. I stood up and put my trench coat on since it’s cold outside, especially during the evening. I closed the lights in my office and locked the door. I told everyone I saw while leaving good night as I made my way to my car. I sighed as I reached my car and leaned over my Mercedes as I looked up at the almost dark sky and prayed for good days ahead of me, which I truly needed. My thoughts and memories of my past have become more vivid in these past months for some reason. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. I opened my car door and speed on the road ahead of me into the bright lit streets.

After what felt like forever I finally arrived to my mansion and spotted an unknown car parked in front of my gate doors. I put my car on park and opened the door and made my way towards the black car that contrasted with my white one.

“Hello, can I help you?” I shouted at the driver that was wearing black.

“Hello, Nathaniel” He replied as his window rolled down.

“Do I know you?” I questioned.

“No, but you soon will.” He answered my question with a smile.

“Who are you, tell me?” I growled at the man that was in his forties.

“In time son, in time” Was all he said as he drove away.

“WAIT! I’m not done talking, do not leave yet! Wait!” I shouted as the car left out of sight.

“Please.” I whispered to myself as I got back to my car and drove through the gates that lead to my home.

“What is happening to me, who is he and how does he know me?” Questions keep going through my head. I need to forget, but I can’t go back to my old habits of forgetting things, too dangerous.

I changed my clothes, brushed my teeth and went to sleep to forget, for now.

Nate's P.O.VSaturday Morning. 

I woke up early this morning 5 am, and its 9 now. I had some coffee and scrambled eggs with toast for breakfast .I couldn’t sleep well last night that man, I need to know him. I need to see grandma today she wanted to talk to me about something that seemed really important. I decided to go early and visit her; I got dressed in my blue jeans, my plain black t-shirt and a black cap with my black running shoes. Not in the mood of wearing formal today, let’s keep it causal. I brushed my teeth and made my way to my car to see my grandma.

I knocked on the door waiting for someone to open.

“Hello Mr. Lee,” Linda greeted, she works as a maid for my grandmother.

“Hello, is my grandma here?” I questioned with an eyebrow raised.

“Yes, she is waiting for you actually, in the living room.” I nodded my head and made my way towards the living room.

“Good morning Nate, hope you slept well dear? She asked as she hugged me and sat back down on the couch.

“Sure, why not.” Was all I replied not wanting her to know something is wrong; I need to deal with it myself.

“Wonderful! Now, son, you know you are twenty-two right honey?”

“Yes grandma, why?” I asked.

“Well, you do know Mrs.Kortin correct? She asked.

“Of course”  Who doesn’t, all she cares is about her looks and money, sadly. Her daughter, Krysten, is exactly like her but less annoying. Why is grandma bringing them up?

“Well sweetie, Mrs.Kortin and I decided it was best for you and her daughter to get married.”

“Grandma, what!? No I will not marry her. Grandma, I love you but I am not marrying her, I’m sorry.”

“Nathaniel, is this what I get for taking care of you all these years. Besides she is perfect for you, both rich and can work in the company together.” She replied.

Grandma was never like this why is she doing this to me? And her to bring up the past like that, as if I am supposed to repay her for something any grandma or human being would do.

“Fine.” Was all I said, I don’t need this right now nor will I give myself a head ache over it.

“Perfect, I will call her. Krysten will be so excited! ” She smiled happily.

“Yeah, good-bye grandma, I need to go now.” I left without waiting for her to reply.

I got to my car, sat down as I slammed the steering wheel over and over again, letting out my anger. I am so mad, no mad does not even describe what I am feeling and going through right now! Why is my life getting worse and worse by the second, I am tired and sick of it. First my parents and now my grandma too, oh and that weird man that knows who I am, when I got no clue who he is or where he came from.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

**************

Sorry for not putting the accents on the letters that needed them in French, I will do that ASAP. 

Comment,vote,and share.

Thanks,

-Mouna