Chapter Thirteen (13)

Chapter 13:

**Editing**

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

Samantha looked very pretty when I saw her enter she was wearing a black and gold dress that looked perfect on her, it matched her so much and her eyes, they were twinkling. She looked beautiful as always with or without makeup. I kept looking at her and remembering the day I met her and hoped it would be her I would marry and be dancing with here on the dance floor. I looked at her and I felt like it was just her and I in the world, like it revolved around only us both. I thought I could love Krysten and I have to learn to love her but when Samantha stepped in the door everything I planned was crushed and I felt vulnerable.

**********

I looked around the hall Samantha was just there talking with grandma and Jessica then she disappears in thin air. I looked around and started to ask people if they saw her. I was hoping she did not leave yet. I know I am engaged now but Samantha is my friend, yes she is my friend and I want her here with me. I went outside the building and she was not there, she probably went home. I sighed as I sat down on the bench and looked down and saw a ring Samantha was wearing on the ground under the bench. I picked it up and placed it in my pocket she was probably here before and she probably left. I sighed as I covered my face with my hands thinking of the day I met Samantha, she was the first girl that ever made my heart skip a beat when I looked at her she was the first to steal my heart. Now, it seems like a dream, I am engaged and she probably hates me.

It was 7pm and everyone now is supposed to have dinner and I am not hungry whatsoever, my appetite is crushed. I rubbed the temples of my head and took a deep breath again as I entered the building so no one starts thinking I bailed out although I wish I could. My mind tells me move on and love Krysten she is better for you since everyone is saying that and love us together. My heart on the other hand tells me you are only kidding yourself because you know you love Samantha.

When I entered the hall everyone was eating and Krysten was with her mother and grandma eating at a table in front with an empty chair to Krysten’s right, which I am guessing is where I am supposed to be sitting. I walked towards the table and she stood up as she saw me approach.

“Nate where were you I got worried!” Krysten said as she hugged me.

“Sorry, I had to use the washroom and wash my face it was getting hot.” I apologized where in reality I was looking for Samantha, as if she is a part of me that is lost.

“Oh okay I got really worried I thought you ran away!” She laughed as she light-heartedly hit my arm.

“Ha-ha, nope I would not do that on my engagement.” I told her but feeling weird saying that, I, Nathaniel got engaged that is odd. I never dreamed I would this soon, I mean yeah I am 22 but I feel too young to be engaged and I still feel like I have so many things to do before getting married. Also, I would have never dreamed I would be marrying someone that was arranged for me to marry and need to learn to love that person, Krysten.

Hours passed and the party was almost over so I decided to call Samantha and thank her for coming since it was really nice seeing her. I called her cell phone since she does not have a home phone. It went straight to voice message, I sighed, of course she does not want to talk to me or maybe she is sleeping. I decided to leave a voice message: “Hey Um-Sam, I called but you did not answer, hope all is well. Call me back when you hear this, Yeah? I will see you soon. Oh by the way this is Nate. Well you probably know because you have my number saved, I should go now, bye Samantha. Stay safe. Good night” I ended the call and placed my cell phone in my pocket as I ruffled my hair and looked to see Hunter coming my way.

“Hey bro, what you doing? You seem anxious, you alright?” He asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with concern. Nice guy he is, well I am his brother in law.

“I am alright Hunter, thanks, just waiting for a call.” I replied and smiled at him.

“Ohh, I see a friend you waiting a call from or an unknown lover?” He replied chuckling. Ha I would consider Sam all of the above but no one knows except for her; but she thinks I am just playing her, well it seems like it at least.

“Ha-ha, bro, just a friend!” I replied trying to laugh out the awkwardness.

“Alright man, ha-ha, your fiancé is looking for you. Wow I never seen my sister this happy in my life, she really loves you man. You are lucky to have her just like she is lucky she has you.” He said with a big smile. Perfect, now it will be harder for me to leave her and be with Sam. I know it sounds rude, but I can’t be with her, it was by force not love.

“Yeah, we are both lucky I guess, I should go see her. See you bro.” I replied as I patted his shoulders and walked away to go and find Samantha, I mean Krysten. Damn it, I mixed up the names again.

“Nathaniel dear, you keep walking away and always looking on your phone, is there something you are not telling your grandma?” She asked as looked at me seriously. Of course there is but I do not know if I even should tell her.

“No grandma its fine I am just looking for Samantha.” I said not noticing what had just left my mouth.

“Samantha?” she asked as she looked at me surprised. Damn it!! I said it aloud oh god, this is not good, not good.

“K-krysten,I mean Krysten-n. Is that not what I said?” Stuttering and trying to avoid her eye contact, although for some reason I could feel her eyes burning through me.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!