Chapter 12 - The Planning Begins

So, you have your wedding party, so now the planning begins, you and Lin need to set the date still though and actually talk about what you guys want at your wedding, will there be any drama, I wonder what will happen. (We have time skipped to a month after you got engaged.)

Y/N POV
You and Lin have decided its time to start planning your wedding considering you have now been engaged for a month, so you and he sit down at the dining room table, you have your laptop setup with a check list of things that need to be organised before the big day, first thing on the list, set the date, "so according to my list, we should probably start with the actual date of the wedding" you say to Lin who is sitting on his phone looking through his calendar as he sits across from you at the table, "well, if we decide on where we would like to get married we can the work out the date, does that make sense" Lin replied, I had to think about what he just said for a second but then I thought  'you know he is right about that' you nodded and sat back in your chair to think about your dream wedding location, you remember back to when you were a teenager while you were in Australia for a few months while your dad was working there, your grandfather took you to your second cousins wedding in Sydney, the wedding ceremony took place at a botanic gardens in the foothills above Sydney, the actual spot was underneath a tree that overlooked a valley, the day was in early December which in Australia is the start of summer, it was a little bit warm that day but it was perfect, the ceremony was followed by a small reception at a restaurant come bar down the road, you got to hang out with your extended family over food and drinks, it was very intimate, after that day you always wanted to have something similar to that for your wedding but considering both you and Lin were starting to get noticed more and more with the success that Lin's show was having you knew that you might need to make your day a little bigger than that, "Y/N babe, what are you thinking about" Lin says to me, as I am now looking at him with a thoughtful look on my face, "I was just thinking back to when I went to my second cousins wedding when I was in Australia back when I was a teenager, and how I kind of thought about having a wedding that was similar to that one, I think I have told you about it, but I then thought maybe we should have a bigger wedding then that so we can have all our friends and family there", I said back to Lin, he then looked at me with this face full of love and said "I love you so much, Y/N, I would love to have all our friends and family there with us on our special day, so maybe we could compromise and have a small ceremony but have a larger reception, how does that sound", "Lin, have ever told you how much I love you and what did I do to deserve you", Lin just laughed at my comment, so we decided that we wanted to get married in a gardens somewhere possibly under a big and beautiful tree, sometime in summer and then our reception would be bigger so those who weren't invited to the ceremony could come, so then we decided that we needed to find the venue before we could set the date, luckily because I was sitting in front of my laptop, I pulled up a google search for places around New York that fit our vision for what we wanted, we went through a few sites before my eyes almost fell out when I saw the next sites, it was almost exactly like the site for my second cousins wedding, there was a photo of a massive tree stretching out over a terraced area overlooking a valley, this place that we both were considering as the place for our day had a big manor house where we could stay the night before and some of our guests could stay the night after, they had their contact details on the site so I quickly pulled out my phone and rang them to find out when the venue was available in summer, we were in luck, the first available date was the 4th of July, Lin thought that day was perfect, it meant that your anniversary would always be one to remember because it was also Independence Day, you couldn't agree more so you went ahead and booked it, you also booked some rooms for you and the bridal party for the day before and also the night of your wedding, you and Lin had decided to spend your first night as a married couple in New York before you two head off on a cruise of the South Pacific islands, so as you and Lin keep discussing plans for the wedding you decide to start looking at styles of wedding dresses, and you thought you had better come up with a colour scheme, Lin said "I love you so much, I will be happy with what ever you pick" so you decide on the colours of purple, white and silver as your colour scheme, you start looking at dresses online for the bridesmaids and maid of honour, as you flick through some sites, you don't see anything that peeks your interest so you decide to have the dresses made especially for the girls, and you decide to do the same thing with your dress, as the wedding is in summer, you decide on short dresses, as the colour scheme is purple, white and silver you decide that the bridesmaid dresses should be purple with a white ribbon sash and the maid of honour dress will be purple with a silver ribbon sash and your dress will be white with a purple and silver ribbon sash, after you have made your decision you look for a dressmaker who will make the dresses for you, Lin and you then decide to continue with the planning another day as it's getting late and you have a show to do tomorrow, as you and Lin climb into bed, a thought comes into your head 'I can't wait to be Mrs. Miranda and start a family with the man I love' and you slowly drift off to sleep in Lin's loving arms.

Well it sounds like the wedding plans are going along nicely, to move the story along I am going to time skip to the day before the wedding, so let's see what happens in the next chapter.