Swan Song {19}

After getting stuck at every red light known to man, I wasn’t even surprised that Rio and Hank were waiting in the driveway when we got there. They were leaning against their car, and watched us as we turned into the driveway.

                “About damn time,” Rio said, pushing himself off of the car.

                “I thought you were dropping groceries off?” Mitch asked as we got out of the car.

                “Keyword: Dropping,” Rio said.

                “He literally threw them out of the window and honked so that mom and dad would know. Then he drove away,” Hank said. “In other words, he is a piece of shit.”

                “You’re always so nice to me Hank,” Rio said.

                We went into the house and upstairs. Mitch grabbed my hand, dragging me to the kitchen with him, where his parents were.

                “There’s a drug addict in our living room. Just so you know,” Mitch said.

                “No, Shane’s in his bedroom,” Jasper said in confusion.

                “I meant Hank,” Mitch said.

                “Oh. Well, alright then,” Jasper said.

                “Is Shane doing drugs?” Carol asked and groaned. “That idiot. I’m going to kill him.”

                “I wouldn’t be surprised. I bet Jace is his dealer,” Jasper said.

                “I have the best shit,” I said with a nod.

                “Well, quit selling to Shane and sell to Mitch if you have to. I’m already invested in Shane’s education. We haven’t had to pay a college bill for Mitch yet,” Carol said.

                “Thank you mother,” Mitch said. “You’re such a caring woman.”

                “Get out of my sight and go hang out with your bad influence friends,” Carol said, waving us away.

                Mitch and I went back out to the living room. Rio and Hank were sitting on the couch together, and Hank had that absent look in his eyes again. He was shaking his leg anxiously, and I remembered what Rio said about him suffering withdrawal.

                “YOU. SICK. MOTHER. FUCKER.”

                I hadn’t even turned around before Shane had tackled Mitch to the floor. He pinned Mitch there before punching him several time.

                “WHY DID YOU TELL AUSTIN TO TEXT ME?” he screamed furiously. “HE WON’T LEAVE ME ALONE. I AM LITERALLY GETTING 30 MESSAGES FROM HIM EVERY MINUTE, MITCHELL.”

                “Shane, don’t kill your brother!” Carol called in annoyance from the kitchen.

                “I’m going to fucking kill you. I don’t care what mom says,” Shane said, glaring at him.

                “Jace, get him off me!” Mitch said, shoving at Shane and trying to squirm away.

                I raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re the one who told Austin to text him. Not me.”