Swan Song {20}

“I’m hungry,” I said after we had been swimming around for a while.

                “You could eat me,” Rio offered.

                “I’d rather eat Mitch,” I said.

                “I’d rather not ever hear you say that about my brother again,” Shane said.

                “Okay, then you can just keep listening every time we fuck on my bed,” Mitch said with a shrug.

                “We’ll fuck on Shane’s bed louder,” Rio said.

                “I’d rather not,” Shane said.

                “Shio,” I said, disguising it as a cough.

                “Jace Ryan Butler, I am not afraid to drown your sorry ass in the pool,” Shane said.

                “You’d miss me,” I said.

                “I’d just replace you,” Shane said.

                “You could replace him with Austin,” Mitch said.

                “I’m going to drown you, too,” Shane said, glaring at him. “That asshole probably broke my phone.”

                “You’re welcome,” Mitch said with a charming smile.     

                “Oh, I’ll get my revenge on you. Don’t worry,” Shane said with a dangerous grin.

                “If you let him kill me in my sleep, I’m breaking up with you,” Mitch said to me.

                I kissed him. “I’ll protect you from Rio’s boyfriend, I promise.”

                “I’m not dating Rio!” Shane said in annoyance. “I don’t even like him!”

                “You don’t like me. You love me,” Rio said, grinning and leaning against the edge of the pool.

                “Jace is the only man I have ever or will ever feel up and make out with,” Shane said.

                “We made out that one time,” Rio reminded.

                “That was to screw with Austin. That doesn’t count,” Shane said.

                “You’ve made out with other guys,” I said, thinking of all the times we had played truth or dare.

                “Those were dares, and I’m comfortable in my sexuality,” he said, waving his hand dismissively.

                “Hey, idiots, dinner time,” Carol called from the doorway. “Dry yourselves off, get dressed, and come eat.”

                “Yes!” I cheered, my stomach growling hungrily.

                We climbed out of the pool and dried off before heading inside. We all changed and went out to the dining room, sitting down. I was secretly happy that Hank had his hoodie on again, because looking at his scarred and discolored arms made me wonder what would have happened if Jake hadn’t been keeping an eye on me at school.

                We loaded our plates with food and began to eat hungrily. Carol and Jasper sat down with us and also started to eat.