iii. "miss keisha, miss keisha?"

( chapter 3 )

in which two girls text

SADIE WAITED FOUR days after she met the baby-faced brunette with big, blue eyes before she texted her

SADIE WAITED FOUR days after she met the baby-faced brunette with big, blue eyes before she texted her. She was nervous, although she did not know entirely why. She had been elated, walking as if on clouds after the cafe visit with the girl. Even Finn, her angsty costar, had noticed her mood. It was drastically different from the usual shy, yet friendly Sadie.

She was alit with something, something they could not quite put their finger on. Finn had even flicked her ear, the most annoying thing he could do (as she despised anyone touching her ears, she though they were too big), to get on her nerves. But she just giggled and pushed him away. "Don't you rain on my parade, mister", she playfully scolded, as she turned back to her schoolwork. She no longer dreaded the work, she found it, almost, enjoyable.

She even hummed as she solved her geometric equations, something that got on her nerves immensely when she was usually doing her work. Millie and Finn had exchanged a confused glance. Millie had just shrugged, and the pale boy had pursed his lips.

But, as the magic of the day wore off, it took the warmth from her stomach and left the nervous butterflies. Sadie had never done anything like this before. She had never received someone's number. Or even been in a relationship. Not that THAT had anything to do with Jane. Stop it, Sadie.

Every time she went to punch in the numbers into her phone, she wavered. Her hands began to shake a bit, and her chin would quiver in anxiety. She did not know why, she didn't have any problems with nervousness usually. She was shy, but strong and assertive. So, the redhead waited. A day, no more, she told herself. A day bled into two, then three.

Finally, on the fourth day, Sadie finally summoned up the courage to punch in the delicately written numbers. 8...2...5...she murmured as she plugged them in under the contact name she had conceived. She sat cross legged on the balcony of her hotel room.

Her mom was out, and her father was at home in New Jersey with her siblings. The breeze whipped her hair around as she typed a message and hit send. She released a quick breath and shut her phone off. She watched the trees below her swaying in the wind when she hears her phone ding.

She tries not to be eager but she can't help herself as she pounces at her phone, quickly fumbling with the fingerprint passcode.

・゜゜・.

-messages-