vii. "knock his teeth out, theyre fake anyways"

( chapter 7 )

in which she holds a hand

THE TWO GIRLS ride down the street, going slow to avoid bumps

THE TWO GIRLS ride down the street, going slow to avoid bumps. "Where's the nearest hospital?", the redhead asks her companion. Jane whips her head towards her. "Wait, no! My parents will kill me! They hate me skating. Just take me home!", Jane blurts, her eyes huge. Sadie glances at her and sighs. "Fine, but I'm taking you to medical on set". Jane reluctantly nods.

After a few minutes, they finally reach set and Sadie parks the golf cart, replacing the keys from where she originally found them. She then hops out to help Jane. The two then proceed towards the medical trailer. No one is outside, it's lunch break, so Sadie doesn't have to worry about being caught.

They're almost to the trailer when Jane's leg buckled and she stumbled, falling to her knees, almost taking Sadie with her. Jane cried out in pain and tried to push herself up, but to no avail. Sadie looks around, trying to find something to help.

Fortunately, she sees a wheelbarrow
a few yards away. Jane follows her eyes. "No. Not happening.", she whines, shaking her head vigorously. Sadie stoops down beside Jane. She helps her into a less painful position, when she hears a shout. She whips her head in the direction she heard it from, locking eyes with Gaten.

"Holy shit! Who's that, and what happened?", he asks baffled, jogging over. Sadie looks up at him. "She's my friend, she hurt herself.", she says, then explains the rest of what happened. Gaten just nods when she's done and stoops down, scooping Jane up. The brunette yells in surprise, as Gaten starts to walk over to the medical trailer with her in his arms. Sadie looks on in shock, before stumbling behind them.

Dustin bursts through the door and sets Jane down on the white examination table. The trailer is set up like a room in a doctors office, with a small X-ray machine to the right and a bathroom to the left. "Who's this?", comes a voice from further into the trailer.

The nurse, Mrs. Oden, finally appears. Her face is full of questions. Sadie launches into an explanation once again, but this time her audience is not so enthusiastic. "I can't believe this, Sadie. You could get into so much trouble", Mrs. Oden shakes her head, then turns to Jane, "Hello there, lets take a look". She then gently removes Jane's converse and sock, stopping whenever Jane winces. "Please, Mrs. Oden, please", Sadie pleads, Gaten giving puppy eyes to help her statement.

Mrs. Oden just frowns and gives a look that says 'we'll see'. Mrs. Oden continues examining Jane's injury as the other two watch in concern. Mrs. Oden finally steps back, wringing her hands. "Good news, not a bad break, it will heal in two weeks. Bad news, I have to set it, which hurts like hell", she tells Jane softly. Jane just nods, clenching her jaw. "Just do it, I'll be fine", she murmurs nervously. Sadie stands up and moves beside Jane.

She intertwines her hand with the brunettes, looking softly into her eyes. "You'll be okay", she reassured her. Gaten also stands, moving beside Jane on the other side. "I mean, if it really hurts, just knock his teeth out. They're fake anyways.", Sadie giggles in a whisper to Jane. The girl smiles back in thanks before taking a deep breath. Gaten just mutters in disgruntlement. Jane nods to Mrs. Oden.

Then, what Sadie said sinks in and Jane looks at her confused. "Wait wha-OW!", she yelps, digging her nails into Sadie's hand, causing the other girl to bite her lip to keep from crying out. Mrs. Oden inspects her handiwork before wrapping and setting it. "Alright. All set. I don't have crutches or anything for you, though, I'm sorry". Jane shakes her head. "Oh no, no I'm fine! Thanks so much for helping me", she hops down from the table, steadying herself. The three teens then proceed outside, helping Jane along. Gaten checks his phone before looking at Sadie.

"Hey, let me drive her home. Caleb says they're looking for you, it's your scene.", he finally says. Sadie just nods, looking a bit upset. Jane doesn't notice, but Gaten does. "Ok, well, bye Jane. Feel better!", she steps back to look into her eyes.

Jane just tugs on her arm, pulling
her into a hug. "Thanks Sades.", she whispers into the redhead's ear, her head fitting perfectly on the girl's shoulder. The brunette has a smile, and Sadie blushes, feeling the girl's hair tickling her nose. It's unbelievably soft and it makes her heart flutter. She melts into the surprise hug, surprising herself. She doesn't usually like having contact with others.

Jane pulls back from the hug too fast for Sadie's liking and smiles. "Goodbye.", Jane says softly before letting Gaten scoop her up and walk her over to the golf cart. Sadie watches as they drive away, giving Jane a small wave and a smile. She wishes with all her heart, that she was with them.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

she speaks

took me way too long to write this and it sucks oh well

( kate from the future hello folks Sophia's new show is out on hbo tomorrow yay)

05•4•18