xvi. "enough to pull her from the sea..."

( chapter 16 )

in which we glimpse at a broken girl

SADIE WAS DROWNING. The usually pleasant and kind redhead was an absolute mess since her last conversation with Jane. Matt Duffer has even banned her from filming until her attitude improved.

So, there she was, sulking in her trailer, a pint of Ben & Jerry's vegan ice cream sitting beside her, half empty. In her hands was her favorite book. It was a poetry book she found at a yard sale years ago. She found it comforting. But she could barely read through her tears to be comforted.

Her trailer door swung open, the sunlight flashing in like a spotlight. She squinted, looking out from her hoodie, which she had tunneled into. "What, Finn?", the redhead questioned sassily, her voice sharp.

But Finn could hear the choking undertone of her voice. She had been crying. He sighed and shut the door behind him, walking over to her, sitting down. "Want me to read to you?", he murmured softly, gently touching her trembling hand that held the book. She nodded, releasing her tight grasp so he could take the book in his own hands.

As he started to read, Sadie released the tension in her shoulders. Finn was the only one she would talk to anymore. Not even Millie. She didn't want to hurt her friend, but it hurt more having to explain why she was acting this way. Finn was the only one who witnessed the heartbreak. And, surprisingly, he kept it a complete secret. He didn't want to push her, he just wanted to give her comfort. Let her know he was there.

Finn had always been a bit annoying, just one of those boys who was lanky and awkward, saying whatever came to his mind. But, recently, she saw a different side to him. He has blossomed into a sweet, soft boy and a great friend. The only good thing that came from this mess she was in, was that she found him.
But he still wasn't Jane. But he was enough. Enough to pull her out of the sea she was drowning in.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

she speaks

finally continuing this
since I'm out of school !

08•07•18