xii. "You're everything to me..."

( chapter 12 )

in which they break

SADIE RAN, HER feet hitting the ground, kicking up dust on the bare dirt of set

SADIE RAN, HER feet hitting the ground, kicking up dust on the bare dirt of set. Jane had ran out of her view, but Sadie didn't care, she needed to find her. She needed to make sure she was ok. That she knew Sadie wanted to be kissed. That Sadie liked her.

Her red hair flew behind her, whipping in the wind. She followed a curve in the sidewalk, slowing as her chest tightened. Jane was sitting beneath a tree in the park across from her. The park was a small, rundown thing, with more trees and less benches than normal. It was three blocks from set, so the cast sometimes adventures there.

Jane was sitting beneath Sadie's favorite tree. It was a crab apple tree. Small, and sickly, casting almost no shade. It served no purpose, but Sadie still loved it. She believed it needed love, because no one else would give it that. Sadie crossed the street, slowing as she reached the park gate.

Jane had her back to Sadie, her head buried in her upright knees. Her hair had come lose from her braid in certain places, her shirt untucked in the back. Sadie slowly pattered over to Jane, her heart constricting at the small sniffles coming from the girl. Sadie gently lowers herself to sit beside the brunette. The girl stops sniffing, feeling Sadie beside her.

The redhead wraps an arm around Jane's shoulder, Jane melting into her embrace. Jane's head tilted to rest on Sadie's shoulder, Sadie's head resting atop Jane's.

"I'm sorry", Sadie whispered, her own eyes filling with tears. Jane shifts her head to look up at Sadie, forcing the redhead to look down in her crystal blue eyes, tears pooling in the shimmers.

"Please don't. Please don't apologize", her voice broken, "it's not your fault". Sadie bites her lip. Her mind forms a question.

"Then what is it?", she blurts, a sudden burst of confidence coming from within. Jane stiffens at her companion's sudden outburst. She jerks away from Sadie, moving to stand. Sadie's breaths are ragged in fear, she wished she had shut her mouth. Jane hugs herself before looking down into Sadie's eyes.

"You mean everything to me, Sadie", her voice barely above a whisper, "but we can't have everything".

And with that, Jane turns and leaves. As she disappears through the gate, Sadie watches, a single tear falling to her porcelain cheek. Sadie watched Jane walk away, as her own heart broke in two.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

she speaks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh! started watching Shane Dawson lol
he funny

26•4•18