xi. "All you do is talk..."

( chapter 11 )

in which things seem different

THE RESPONSE WAS overwhelmingly positive

THE RESPONSE WAS overwhelmingly positive. Sadie was blown away. She had no idea that so many people already adored her, it was so uncommon to her. She was scrolling through another article about her post, smiling at the encouraging words, when a knock sounds at her trailer door. Puzzled, the red head sits up, placing her phone down.

Rain patters against the window, the wind kicking up. A second knock sounds. Unusual. Her cast mates have no sense of boundaries, they usually just push right inside. Which resulted in an almost flashing once. Sadie shudders a bit thinking of that, before moving to open the door. A brunette with piercing blue eyes is standing on the other side. Her hair falls down her back, in a silky French braid. She's wearing shorts and a shirt with an umbrella, protecting her from another downpour.

Even then, she looks like an angel in Sadie's eyes.
"Uh, hi", Jane smiles a bit, "Can I come in"?
Sadie, still at a lose for words, steps aside, letting the brunette in. Jane sits on the couch, leaving room for Sadie.

"So...", Sadie starts, before Jane interrupts her.
"Millie texted me. She invited me to go to lunch with you all".
Sadie checks the time on her phone, deciding to answer Millie's text later. It's later than she realized. "Oh", she looks back up at Jane, "sounds good".

They sit in awkward silence. Something new for them. Usually Jane fills the cracks that Sadie leaves, connecting like puzzle pieces. They stay that way for another moment, before Jane opens her mouth to speak.

"You know what, maybe I should just go. I don't know", Jane stammers, getting up with a blush on her face. Sadie's heart drops. "Wait", she blurts, grabbing Jane's arm. "Please. All you do is talk, can't you just listen"?

Jane looks back at her, puzzled. She sits down again. Sadie moves her hand from her arm, placing it back in her lap. "Just listen", Sadie murmurs, looking at her lap. She wanted to tell Jane. That she liked her, that her eyes made her melt, her hair was soft, that Jane made her feel whole. But she couldn't get it out. The fear of failure made her throat close. She looks up, into Jane's eyes.

"Just-", she starts, before she's cut off by Jane's soft lips. They're pressed against her own, warm and full. Sadie's eyes are open in surprise, before they close, her own lips melting to fit Jane's. Sadie's hand cups Jane's right cheek, feeling the warmth from her blush. Her lips feel like they're on fire, butterflies swarming in her stomach.

Jane's left hand wraps around Sadie's waist, pulling her closer. The kiss lasts another second, before Jane pulls away abruptly, Sadie following her lips in hope. Sadie's eyes open, to see Jane staring at the opposite side of the trailer in shock. Sadie follows her gaze to see the door flung open, Finn standing in the doorway, his eyes wide.

Jane jumps up, mumbling, "I have to go", before pushing past Finn, running. "Wait", Sadie yells, her voice desperate.

Finn stops her at the door. "Let her go", he explains, "she's upset". Sadie flares up at him. "Yeah, because of you". And with that she pushes past him, rushing out after Jane.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

she speaks

this feels rushed I'm so sorry
also just got back from a school
trip to NYC
man I love that place

26•4•18