iv. "and she was happy"

( chapter 4 )

in which feelings grow

JANE ALWAYS KNEW she was different

JANE ALWAYS KNEW she was different. It first appeared when she was a small child. Like any other girl her age, she watched princess movies. At that young age, we are brainwashed, not seeing that these movies are all essentially the same. A damsel in distress, a handsome prince saving the day. And we all swooned for the prince, and dreamt of being the princess he scooped into his awaiting arms.

But not Jane. She wanted to be the prince, so she could be the one to save the princess. She wanted the princess to jump into her arms, kiss her, love her. She knew that wasn't normal. She knew that her brothers could feel that way, it was almost expected. Oh, what she would give to love the prince.

One day, in her quaint pre-k class, Jane approached her friend, and asked what she thought of the prince. Jane wanted to know if she truly was different. When the little girl almost drooled going on and on about the prince and his handsomeness, Jane turned and left, dejected. Why, she would think, why do I feel this way?

As time went on, and the brunette grew and attended elementary school, she pushed her feelings aside. It was easier than she thought. The young girl had a passion for acting, so she channels her confusion into that, acting as if she was not what she feared.

She did not recall exactly when she learnt the proper word for her amorous feelings.
But it lessened her confusion, and her fear. She now belonged to something.

When she reached seventh grade, she was ready. She had been throwing her anxiety and confusion into acting for far too long. She still had a burning passion for the arts, but she wanted it to be channeled from her own love, not whatever this was.

So she told her siblings. And they accepted her. And she was happy.

Alas, everyone lives on a roller coaster of emotions. Happy, then sad. Elated, then ruined. Jane was going down quite a deep slope, the only thing getting her through was a promising acting role.

Until a certain red haired beauty bumped into her on a rainy day.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

she speaks

Hi! Hope I did this justice.

30•3•18