8.

How the fuck do you write newspapers. I don't know, I'm not doing it.

----

Sunlight filtered through your blinds, hitting your face as you rolled to the side, glaring at your clock. (F/N) was doing something, their form blurry as you sat up, squinting at them hard enough to seem like you were glaring.

"Ugh... how long have you been up?"

"Uh, not long, your dad wants to talk to you downstairs,"

"Ah- Shit, okay,"

You put on your glasses before getting up, more properly getting a look at (F/N), they were stress cleaning. Luckily, your room was messy, mostly with clothes. Should keep them occupied for a bit, while you figured out what to do today. Like hell you were going to school without them, and like hell /they/ were going anywhere near school. Finals be damned.

"I'll be right back, you uh... have fun with my laundry, I guess,"

They chuckled as you hurried out of your room, patting your (H/C) hair to get it to look more presentable. Not bothering to flatten your pajamas out, you hurried down the stairs, passing by your mom as she entered the bathroom. She waved at you as you hurried along, you had half the mind to wave back.

Your dad was sitting at the kitchen table, sipping on some coffee as he read a newspaper. 

That was odd.

"Uh... Hi? (F/N) said you wanted to talk?"

"Hm? Oh, yes, I called school, you can skip out today and tomorrow,"

He took a long sip of his coffee, before his attention was diverted to the window, which now had its curtain removed, revealing the back porch and the forest it faced.

"Is uh... that all? Cause we weren't going anyways... soooo..."

"Hmm? Oh, uh, there is one more thing,"

He handed over the newspaper, part of it was circled, you took it with a raised eyebrow.

"One of my coworkers gave me that, the circled part might interest you,"

You glanced at the red marker that had been drawn on it, something about a murder in a town nowhere near yours. You gave your father a look, and he shrugged, waving at your mother as she passed by you, giving him a kiss on the head.

"I'm not sure, he just said it would interest you,"

"Huh... okay. We'll be in my room if you guys need anything,"

"We will, have a good day off,"

You hurried back to your room, finding (F/N) now on your bed, looking out your window, you could hear the bus driving by as they flipped it off. They looked over at you as you closed your bedroom door. They then saw the newspaper in your hand.

"What's that?"

"I don't know, dad said a coworker gave it to him for me to look at, wanna read it?"

(F/N) looked out of the window one more time, before turning around and crossing their legs, patting next to them aggressively. 

"Come hither mine good bitch,"

You hopped onto your bed and laid the newspaper out, pointing at the red circled article. (F/N) leaned over you, pressing one of their elbows into your back. You weren't able to elbow them back, so you simply began to read, neither of you spoke for a while. Before (F/N) leaned away from you, looking troubled.

"Hey uh... what did that asshole that broke in say his last name was?"

"Uh... Woods, why?"

They paused before pointing at a part of the paper that was further ahead than you were (Fast reader, they were). 

'The suspect, Jeffery Woods, has been on the run for 3 days now...'

The paper crinkled as you gripped it tighter, you began to frantically look through the article, for something that would confirm if it was really him or not.

"Fuck- FUCK-"

You threw the paper down and gripped your hair, (F/N) stood up and began pacing with the paper as you continued to blurt out swear after swear.

"Uh... The brother survived?"

"THAT DOESNT MAKE IT BETTER!"

You both jumped as someone knocked on the door, (B/N)'s voice followed shortly.

"You good in there?"

"Fuck- Uh- Yeah! Just.... Doing meth!"

"... Aight' have fun, don't let (S/N) find out,"

He yelled something out to your parents before leaving you be, you continued to pull at your hair before (F/N) put down the newspaper, rubbing their head. Before they decided to speak.

"Well... This is... weird,"

"Fuuuuck... do you think he's like... Fuck. I can't /not/ talk to him now,"

"... (Y/N) what the /fuck/ does that mean,"

"I- I don't know!"

Deep down, a little part of you knew what it meant, you saw your sisters face for a moment before shaking the thought off. Those were stupid thoughts for a stupid kid dealing with everything she put him through. Not someone who was almost 19 and getting ready for college.

"I... Do you wanna go see your mom? She's probably awake by now,"

(F/N) didn't look too convinced that you were 100% coping with what Jeff had done very well, and let alone in a rational way. But they kept quiet, for now.

"Yeah, come on, grab a jacket."