14.

Can you guys tell i've never spoken to the cops or paramedics in my life?

---

You laid in your backyard until the sun was visible, you only got up because of (B/N) rushing out and stumbling to his knees next to you. The last time you saw him so worried was when your dad and (S/N) got into a fight that led to a broken vase and a bloody nose.

"... Hi,"

"Fuck- Are you okay? Why are you just laying here- Do you- Are- FUCK-"

He got up away from you before yelling that last part, behind him, you saw a cop coming out, pausing at seeing you, and slowly stepping back into the house. A paramedic came rushing out a few moments later, followed closely by your parents. (B/N) kept them away as the paramedic got to their knees and checked your pulse.

"Honey, do you need help standing up?"

You shook your head as you pushed up, hissing in pain and looking down at your shoulder, it was bleeding again, as was the bitemark on your arm, and the cut on your hand. You got up on shaking legs as the paramedic gently held your shoulder.

"Come on sweetheart, let's get you checked out, okay?"

"Kay..."

You followed them, head hung low as your hands shook, you took a glance towards your worried parents, and (B/N), who you couldn't notice was holding a baseball bat in his hands. You locked eyes and he smiled before turning to your parents. Trying to calm them down, probably.

....

You had a blanket wrapped over your shoulders as the paramedic left you be, wrapped in bandages. Another cop approached you, having a stern expression, but his eyes softened as he got closer.

"Jesus kid, got it rough in there, huh?"

You looked up at him, watching as he leaned against the door of the ambulance you were sitting in. Stern expression returning.

"I know your probably shook up, but ya got to tell me what happened in there, we got one dead body and another missing,"

... What?

"... Who- Who's dead?"

He looked away for a moment, towards your house, where you saw a cop coming out with a box of things. You recognized one of the items poking out of the box, your stomach churned.

You killed her.

"Oh."

She was dead.

"Whose- missing?"

You already knew the answer, the sight of (F/N) standing in front of you. Defending you from The Stranger. Telling you- demanding you to run. To leave them behind.

"(F/N), but you already knew that didn't you?"

You covered your mouth, nauseous. You killed your sister; your best friend was missing.

"Fuck- No- No they- they can't- they know the forest!"

He closed his eyes, frowning, another cop came out with another box of your sister's stuff. Probably because of the drugs. Not that you would miss most of it. It would make ignoring the blood on your hands easier.

"Well, regardless of how well they know that accursed place, they're missing. Now, stop stalling, what happened,"

You nodded, placing your hands in your head. You weren't under arrest, so there was a chance they didn't know. Or they did know and were giving you a chance to fess up.

"We went to the forest to- to clear (F/N)'s head after their house was broken into- Uh, Carrie, Randy, and Sam ended up there at some point?"

You heard him mumble about it lining up so far.

"We uh... were eating S'mores, setting up tents, talking- not in that order-"

You gripped your shorts, what would they have told him? Did he know? You wanted to go to your bed. But the house was swarmed with cops, and you wouldn't be able to sleep with all that noise.

You didn't realize you were crying until the cop awkwardly placed a hand on your good shoulder, you flinched away as you curled in on yourself. Shaking.

"Okay- okay- that's enough, we can keep going later, got enough details from those three anyway,"

He walked away, you wiped at your eyes, your head was throbbing, you needed some water.

...

It was night again, and you couldn't sleep as you stared up at your rooms ceiling, the little glowing stars you and (F/N) had put up when you were kids were mocking you. It was your fault they were lost in the woods, possibly dead, being eaten by wild animals.

They were cold, you were sure, you tossed your blankets to the ground, letting the chill overtake your body.

You had been crying on and off all day, begging your parents to let you stay home, you even hugged them, you haven't hugged them in years. The police agreed to come back in the morning, with news, hopefully.

(B/N) hadn't said much after his outburst in the garden, he hugged you for the first time ever, and gave you back your bat. There was a note taped to it, you decided to read it later.

Later was now, at three in the morning, after hours of being unable to sleep.

You turned on your lamp, unfolding the paper and staring at the messy writing.

'Didn't mention Jeff. (S/N) was attacked by a stranger. (B/N) interveened (Real and fake story)

Feel better

Randy'

There was your story, then. One less thing on your plate.

(B/N) intervened?

You shook your head, shoving the note into your pillowcase and laying back down, on your back this time, staring up at the mocking stars.

You closed your eyes, trying to get any sleep, even for a minute or two.

This attempt was cut off by someone knocking on the window above your desk. You opened your eyes again and looked over, you couldn't tell who it was from your bed.

You slid off your bed and walked over to your desk, pulling out the chair and climbing onto it, you looked through the window. 

Jeff was balancing on the small ledge outside your window, you opened it. Hopping down off the desk and getting back into bed as he shimmied through the window and closed it behind him. He stood by the desk, looking at you, you looked back, he was fragmented through the broken lenses.

"..."

"..."

You started crying. Again.