12.

You barreled through the forest, branches snapping underneath your feet and thorns from plants snagging your skin. You could hear the water getting closer, Jeff was still following you, (F/N) was also yelling after you. You felt your foot collect with something solid, you hurled forward and tumbled out of the bushes, tumbling to the edge of the river. You laid there, staring up at the cloudy sky through cracked glasses.

You slowly pushed yourself up, looking back towards the tree line, you couldn't hear anyone coming, did you lose them? You didn't think so, from the few times you've seen Jeff in action, you knew he was faster than you. And while (F/N) might not be as fast as him, they could keep up with you just fine.

You would hear them when they came out the forest, you turned your attention to the river, shuffling on your knees to it. You stared into the water, you could make out your reflection in it, you looked like a mess, and, unsurprisingly, has blood specks covering your face.

You leaned closer to the water, splashing it against your face, it was cold, you scrubbed at your face until it was raw. The blood was gone, you moved to your arm, carefully washing the bitemark in the river until it looked clean enough. You didn't doubt that any sudden movements would lead to it bleeding again, but for now, it was done with that. You washed off what blood was left on your hands, getting a better look at the forming bruises.

You couldn't hear any animals, the only sounds being the rushing river, and your own breathing. 

You slumped, and laid down next to the river, your eyelids growing heavy. You could just rest your eyes for a few moments...

...

Your eyes snapped open, it was hardly noon when you fell asleep, but now it was growing dark around you. You slowly began to push yourself up, only to be stopped by a large pair of hands shoving you back down, one of them covered your mouth when you opened it to scream.

The Stranger's face was inches from yours, a dark blue mask with empty eyeholes, and a dirty, black hoodie. You went pale.

It was the stranger from the roof.

He spoke, it wasn't nearly as deep as you expected.

"I'm going to take my hand off, if you scream, I'll gut you like a fish,"

He waited for you to nod, which you did after a few moments of thinking. True to his word, he moved his hand away from your mouth. Technically true to yours, you kept your mouth shut as you kicked him in the gut. He didn't even flinch as he reared back and socked you in the face. 

You failed to hold in the yelp of pain as he grabbed you, pulling his arm back to reveal a scalpel held in his hand. You pulled up your arms to protect yourself, the scalpel landed in your shoulder, digging it as deep into your flesh as he could before pulling it back out. You closed your eyes, opening one when, instead of another stab, you felt your shirt being messed with. The stranger pulled out a bandage roll from his hoodie and wrapped the wound. He wiped his hands off on his hoodie, looking at your shirt with a small tilt to his head.

"Busy boy, aren't you?"

You blinked, remembering that you didn't bother trying to wash the blood of your shirt. You glared at him before attempting to wriggle out of his grasp, only to be met with a scalpel being stabbed too close to your neck for comfort.

"If I kill you then those two will roast me alive, but don't think I won't hurt you if you keep struggling,"

You sucked a breath in, attempting to move your head away from the scalpel, but the surgical tool followed your movements. You settled with staring at the stranger dead on, glaring at him with as much malice you could muster.

"So now I'm not a fish? Thanks a-"

"Don't play cute. Boy. I'm not Jeff."

You paused and stared at him, he continued.

"And you've already met... talked to the first one... What does she call me- 'Eyeye' ring a bell?"

The little girl. 

"A- And the other one?"

The stranger paused, leaned back against your legs, he had loosened his grip on his scalpel, just a bit. He leaned forward again after letting out a sigh that sounded aggravated.

"Don't worry about him, if you're lucky the kid will keep him from meeting you in person,"

His grip was as loose as it had been, you look a breath in, he tilted his head, before ducking out of the swing of your fist. You grabbed his hand, the scalpel dug into your hand as you wretched it free from his grasp. He moved quickly, getting off you and backing up as you stumbled to your feet, pointing the scalpel at him.

He laughed, pulling out another scalpel, you pushed your glasses up. Your shoulder ached, as you held out the scalpel. You didn't doubt he could easily overpower you, especially like this. But he didn't make a move towards you, another twig snapped, you looked over. Something was approaching, you hoped it was someone on your side.

"(Y/N)!"

(F/N) came out of the woods, stumbling over a tree root before falling down next to you, quickly standing up. You snapped your eyes back to the stranger; he had his head turned towards (F/N).

"What took you so long?!"

"Th- there was like this- thing that chased us the other way! Jeff told me to go ahead after like... awhile- H- he should be on the way!"

"And now there's two of you,"

(F/N) looked towards The Stranger, stepping back, before huddling behind you and looking over your shoulder. He took a step forward, both you and (F/N) took one back in return. You whispered to (F/N) as you continued to shuffle away from The Stranger.

"I'm- He stabbed me in the shoulder- can we swap?"

"I- Yes- I'm not good at being threatening, though?"

They didn't wait for you to respond before taking the scalpel from your bloody hands and pushing you behind them. The Stranger chuckled dangerously, he continued to creep closer, twirling his scalpel in his hand. He spoke again, he sounded much more threatening now that he wasn't sitting on top of you.

"Remember how I said they would roast me if I killed you?"

(F/N) glanced back towards you, you slowly nodded, putting your hand on their shoulder, ready to shove them away if he lunged.

"They said nothing about your friend, so get out from behind them,"

(F/N) shoved your back further behind them, pointing the scalpel at him. You could see them shaking in place as he got closer to them. You stared up at them as they continued to stare him on.

"I- I don't know what you want with (Y/N), but you can go fuck yourself if you think I'm letting you anywhere near my friend without a f- fight!"

"You should have just stayed home, brat,"

You shut your eyes and turned to run at (F/N)'s command, with enough luck you would wake up at home.

This had to be a Nightmare.

Then why did your shoulder hurt so badly?