What to do

I stood here in shocked. More of the fact that Zeus was here on my doorstep wounded and injured. I tried dragging him in my room but he was a heavy man. I had no clue on what to do. Plus he looked seriously like he need medical attention. I instantly called Aphrodite.

"Bitch... the most unexpected thing happened."

"What are you taking about. I just visited you!" She said. "And nothing out of the ordinary happened.

"Zeus is here on my doorstep, injured." I said. "I need medical help."

"Oh shit." She said instantly. "Do not worry, I am on my way."
———————-

"This is very unexpected." She said I'm shocked just as I was. Raphael set him on the bed. And medics and Monica were here tending to him.

"That war has gotten nasty." Said Monica looking at his wounds. "His armies have fallen hard."

"Poor guy."

"He lost the war." I whispered. How could that be even possible. He is one the strongest of his kind if not the strongest. I would think that he would win any war hands down but I was very wrong.

"Well at least he is divorced." Said Aphrodite. "His ex-wife married his great enemy also known as his cousin and now they rule the giant world together."

I cringed. That's gross. Out of all the people in the world she chooses his cousin.

"His cousin?" I asked to confirm.

Aphrodite nodded.

"They are now trying to start business with our world." Said Raphael. "I don't think that is smart for us to do."

Aphrodite nodded.

"Plus they are horrible to their people." She said.

"We are stronger than them." I asked.

"Well it is not that simple." She said. "Every kingdom is very strong and powerful in their own right. It is almost a tie between the both of us. If we were to go to war with them it would be almost equal between both of the kingdoms."

"Destruction." Said Monica. "It would cause nothing but destruction."

"Are you two scared of them." I asked Raphael and Aphrodite. Because I am starting to fear the new rule that has come down on the Giants kingdom.

"No." They both said at the same time. And they look like they meant it. Aphrodite really did not seem to scared of them at all including Raphael.

"They would not mess with us if they knew what was good for them." Said Raphael.

Aphrodite nodded.

"My husband is right." She said. "That would not be a smart move on their part."

"He will be fine all he needs is to heal now." Said Monica. She looked at me. "Do you want him to stay here or we can take him back to castle."

Him staying here was enticing but I couldn't. I shook my head. I do not think he would be okay with me being near him. My mate hates me.

I smiled. I new the smile did not reach my eyes.

"No, I do not think that would be a smart move on my part." I said a shaky.

Monica shrugged.

"Who knows. Maybe he came here for a reason plus mate heal a lot fast when their mate is around."

"Really." I asked confused. "I did not know that."

"Everyone knows that dummy." She said. "This is why I advocate that mates should always try to make it work. It is very beneficial with this only exception being Magdalena."

I shook my head. I am still in the fence with the whole mate thing. Aphrodite is trying to make it a law but we are not letting her plus she is crazy to try and establish a mate court. So dumb.

I remember her, Valentina and Venus arguing about it.

"So you should just forgive your mate for doing some foul bullshit." Said Valentina.

"No that is not what I'm trying to say but mate are together for a reason." Said Aphrodite.

"Yeah I am not forgiving the cheating and the hurt that Atticus did to me." Said be Venus.

"Just because you forgave Raphael."

"Wait he did not cheat on me because we technically were not together plus I was really really young and he was really really old." She said in her defense.

"No but both of you were mates and he knew but still choose to get engaged." Said Venus.

"No it was way more different than what it seems." Said Aphrodite really angered. "Plus I did not forgive easy because he had to die before he could even have a chance with me."

That was so funny all they did that day was go back and fourth with each other.

"You can take him to the castle." I said looking away. "And I'll need a new bedding."

Aphrodite nodded.

After everyone left and Zeus was not here but at the castle. I got a whole new bedding and started to work on putting it on the bed. Then started on making some dinner for myself. And watch a good show on the tv. With that I found myself laying in bed.

My brain could not process that fact that my mate was not so far from here and the fact that I'm going crazy inside about it. But I'm trying to be really calm.

Yet I could not seem to shut down the simmer of hope that rose in me. Could we finally give it a try to being together?

I shook my head.

He has hurt my feelings to much but I cannot hold it against him due to at the time it was war and had a lot in his plate but yet the way he shrugged me off and made me feel as if the mate bond was one sided it still hurt. Plus I went down a dark road. I was drink so much alcohol as if it was water and I was partying and just living a bad life due to me not being able to cope. I had hit rock bottom. It was not until recently I decided to actually pick myself up and work on myself and just cope.

But know how can I cope with the idea of him not wanting me with him near and the shimmer of hope that just arose in me. How?

I shook my head. I slowly closed my eyes. And went to sleep.
—————————

I found myself snuggling into someone warm and hard. I felt safe and protected. Wait I woke up and it was still the middle of the night.

That is when I felt something near me. It was none other than Zeus in my bed. I tried to get away but he held me tight.

What the absolute hell is going on.

———————-

Vote
Comment
Follow