Chapter 5

Tobias
"Kitten, get up." Lathaniel's gentle voice sounded in my ears, interrupting my sleep. I grumbled and turned to my side, away from his voice. "Baby get up please." He continued. "Nein, ich möchte schlafen." I mumbled in German, hoping he'd leave me be.

"I know you want to sleep but I made you breakfast and it'll get cold." He replied. To my dismay I opened my eyes and worked on getting myself up. I rolled over to my original position and looked into Lathan's crimson eyes and at his natural grey skin.

"Getting comfortable are you?" I whispered the question, making him smile softly. He leaned in and pressed his soft, warm lips to mine. I kissed him back and pulled him closer. "Come to bed with me, forget about breakfast. You don't need to eat and I'm not hungry." I said when we pulled away from each other.

I just wanted to stay in bed, I didn't want to do anything else. What could I do with the way I was feeling? I felt like absolute shit, I felt depressed. I didn't want to feel like this but I couldn't fight it.

I never thought I would ever feel like this again, at least not with Lathan in my life.

...life...

"I know that you're in pain Kitten, but you need to come out, it's best for you." Lathan whispered. "I don't want to fucking do anything Lathan...please just leave me alone." I replied softly, too tired to shout. "I'm not going to leave you alone, I did enough of that yesterday...but if you really want to stay in bed then I'll stay with you." He said before getting underneath the covers with me.

His arms snaked themselves toward me and pulled me to his body. His heat comforted me. "I love your real skin." I whispered tiredly. "I wish I could feel it forever." I added, regretting it.

...forever...

Lathaniel just kissed my neck gently and I sighed, half in relief and half in sadness. I leaned into Lathaniel's embrace, savouring it.

"You know I never meant to upset you when I told you what I did." Lathan whispered. "I know...but it still upset me. I just don't want to die knowing we didn't at least try to make me live longer. If I died today that would be the one thing I regret, never trying to stay longer." I replied lowly.

"But trying could kill you and I don't want to risk losing you prematurely or risk making you unhappy for the rest of eternity." Lathan replied. I grumbled. "Lathaniel this isn't about you or me and what we want...it's about us, our relationship. I'm human and you're a demon, you live basically forever and I don't. If you die someday I'll die anyway but if I die the chances of you dying are slim, and that would cause you to be unhappy for the rest of eternity." I said, turning to look at him.

He didn't seem to understand. "My point is that this situation we have isn't going to end well if we just do nothing either. It's a risk to make me a demon and it's a risk to not make me a demon, we have to pick one." I elaborated.

"It's not an easy decision to make for me Kitten, you may have your mind made up but me having been alive for so long and lived the life that I do...it's a fucking a miracle that I have you and I don't want to test Jesus by being greedy." He replied.

I sighed and kissed his chest, not seeing the use in becoming upset with him. "I understand...but I don't agree with you." I mumbled. "I get it Kitten, I really do, but I don't agree with you either." He mumbled in response as he stroked my hair.

"I love you Sunshine..." I whispered after a long moment of silence.

"I love you more."

How's reading this trash going for you?
As Always...
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay
Love the gay