Chapter 8

Tobias
"Alright so what's going to happen is this. Lathan is going to stab you to kill you and you'll be taken to this seemingly empty place. Then an angle will appear and tell you whether you're on a the list for heaven or hell. Now you need to ask that angle for the third option and two identical doors should appear." Mike began to explain to me what was going to happen.

Lathaniel couldn't do this "ritual" on his own so he had Emerald and Mike come in. Mike had the knowledge of the process and was someone to sympathise with me, I'd soon know what he went through. Emerald was going to get Lathan into my head to encourage my being to walk into the correct third option door.

"When you ask for the third option your guardian angle will be called in to persuade you to either go to hell or heaven. Don't listen because if you go to where you should be your being will be lost and you'll become a worker angel or devil. After that you'll be shown the doors and Lathaniel should be at the one that will make you a demon, walk through that one." Mike continued.

"What happens if I go through the one that makes me an angel?" I asked. "If you go through that door and become an angel you'll find yourself on a list. Jesus doesn't like his angels walking on earth, if you come back an angel a man-hunt will ensue and you'll be on the run for the rest of your life. So, you really need to go through the correct door." Mike answered.

That was a lot to take in but I got it. "Alright, demon door it is. But...what if I don't come back or Lathan isn't at the door?" I questioned, starting to feel as though this was a bad decision. Lathan cupped my cheeks and gazed deeply into my eyes with his crimson ones.

"You're going to come back and I'm going to be at that door, that's a promise Tobias." He said, confident in his words. I nodded and he smiled before pecking my lips. Then that peck turned into a full on make-out session.

I had a feeling that he couldn't back away because this might be the last time he'd see me alive. There was a risk I could never come back and we all knew that-Lathaniel knew more than any of us.

We pulled away from each other and I could see the tears welling up in his crimson eyes. "Sunshine it's okay, I'm coming back and we're going to be together forever. I'm not leaving you." I whispered, holding his face gently and gazing into his eyes.

He nodded and kissed me again gently before pulling away and hugging me tightly. I could feel his fingers curling in my back trying to get me closer. I cuddled into his chest while hugging him as tight as he was me. "I love you Kitten...I always will." He whispered. "I love you too Sunshine, more than you could ever know." I whispered back.

"Ready?" Emerald asked lowly as we pulled apart. We both nodded. "Right, on the bed Tobias and Lathaniel, get the knife ready." Mike said. Everyone shuffled around and I got onto the bed.

Lathan came to my side with the knife in hand and I tried not to pay too much attention to it. "Alright, relax and close your eyes Toby." Mike instructed. I closed my eyes and began to console myself by thinking of Lathan and my life with him after this.

Before I knew it a stinging pain hit me in my heart, but before I could scream I blacked out. I felt as life left my body and everything started to go limp or shut down.

Then darkness, like when one doesn't have a dream.

Then light, a blinding white.

This was the place Mike told me about, seemingly empty. "Hello?" I called out into nothing. Before I could say anything more a reception like set up popped up with a woman dressed all in white. She had the same features as my guardian angel so I assumed she was the angel Mike said would be here.

"Mr Tobias Gallagher. I've been waiting for you." She said, a sickeningly sweet smile on her face. "Please follow me this way to heaven." She continued as she snapped her fingers. A large golden door appeared behind her and another one beside it. The other door was black so assumed it led to hell.

"Wait...I want the third option." I said, stopping her from moving. She turned back to me and studied me for a moment. "Just a second." She replied. She picked up the phone and started to speak a language I'd never heard before in my life. She then cut the phone and before I could say something, my guardian angle appeared.

"Tobias, I understand that you want the third option and I must say tha—" She tried to speak but I stopped her. "I don't want to hear it Cyrus. Show me the third option." I said sternly. She sighed. "Very well." She replied and snapped her fingers.

Two white doors with golden knobs and a black outline appeared to the side. I turned and looked at them, they both looked identical like Mike said. "Which one's which?" I questioned but no one answered. I turned back and there was nothing. I was alone now.

"Lathan...Lathaniel I need you!" I shouted into the empty space. I didn't know which door to go through, how could I even begin to tell? Then all of a sudden the walls began to close in and the empty space began to get tighter and tighter.

"Lathan!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. But still...nothing.

As Always...
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay
Love the gay