Chapter 6

Lathaniel
I was becoming worried because of Tobias's ever growing fixation on being turned. It was as if he didn't have a brain and was only listening to his heart. I could tell him it would ruin his relationship with his friends and family but he'd still give me the "go ahead" to make him a demon.

That, to me, was concerning. So much so that I decided to consult Emerald and Mike.

"So you're telling me that you're worried because of how much he's willing to give up just to have a fifty-fifty chance at staying with you a while longer?" Emerald questioned. I nodded, taking a sip of my drink. "Well, that's understandable. But how will you convince him not to want it or at least think about it from all the perspectives?" She asked.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, I've done just about all I can think of. That's why we're here." I answered. "Mmm, maybe I can dissuade him. Present him with all the cons of being an immortal, especially a demon." Emerald said.

"Why don't you want to turn him?" Mike questioned, speaking for the first time since we got here. "Making Tobias a demon is the riskiest thing I could ever do. I could kill him or make him completely devoid of emotion for the rest of eternity just to mention two risks of this whole situation." I answered.

"What if you took it to the Angels, they seem to know a lot about changing beings." He responded, shocking Emerald and I. "Are you serious?" Emerald questioned. "You of all people, are encouraging this?" She continued on.

"I'm a sucker for love and I sense a love like no other between Lathan and Toby. You have to try." Mike said. "He's not wrong..." Emerald agreed reluctantly. "You guys do have something real damn special, it'd be a shame if it was lost so soon when it could live longer." She added.

I thought about what they were saying to me. Then I decided that their opinions, though understandable and helpful, were just not enough to go off on. I needed someone with experience to tell me what to do. Maybe I could go to my parents or his guardian angel...maybe even Jesus.

I looked between my friends and gave in. "Alright..." I sighed. "Let me consult more people and I'll make my final decision by the end of the week." I said. "That's a good idea." Emerald responded. "I hope whatever comes of this is good." I mumbled as I stood up to leave.

We said our goodbyes and I was off.

When I got home Tobias was excited to see me. He went on and on about how he missed me so much. It was cute but worrying, he was becoming like me when we first started dating. It's not a bad thing when practiced in moderation but if it's like this...its worrisome to say the least.

"I missed you so much Sunshine." Tobias whispered as he cuddled into my chest. "I was only gone an hour." I whispered back, holding him tightly. "Still, the house was so quiet without you but also I just love to see your face and hear your voice." He replied.

I smiled to myself.

He pulled back from me and looked into my eyes. He cupped my cheeks and I stared back at him, not knowing what to expect from him. "I love you so much Lathaniel...I really just love you so fucking much." He said, his eyes showing me the love he had for me.

It then hit me.

He wasn't thinking with his feelings or heart. He was using his head. He'd already accepted the possible consequences of him turning, I was his one and only priority.

I stared deeply into his eyes, seeing the reflection of my red eyes in his blue orbs. "You're staying with me forever." I whispered and kissed him gently. He kissed back softly so so softly.

It felt as if we were kissing for the very first time. I felt innocent and I'm sure he did too. In that moment I felt something burst inside of me. This was how he felt. This is how love was for him and now it's that for me.

"So this is how you feel..." I said when we pulled back, feeling overwhelmed. He nodded adorably. "No wonder you've been being unreasonable, but rightly so." I responded. He nodded again.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for you Lathaniel, you're to die for."

Hey guys...so I'm back. Sorry for leaving so suddenly but I've gotten my ducks in a row and I'm ready to continue with this story. So here goes absolutely nothing.
As Always...
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay
Love the gay